What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jim Beam Cup Final

yappy

Bench
Amco Cup huh? I didn't really know what date it was. It certainly wasn't deliberate - just when I bothered moseying on over after the end of rleague. I only really found the love of the Black and White in 78 when I got my first schoolboys pass playing for Berala Public. 77 grand final was the first game I can remember watching - I don't know if I even knew what league was before then.

Nice to catch up with an old Lidcombe fan though. I always used to sit on the benches at the southern end. Loved it when the passing train drivers would give us a hoot. That and running onto the ground at the end of the game to pat Dallas and Tommy and Joe Cool and Sloth on the back.

As you can see I'm even bigger Magpie tragic than I was back then. I figure I've been through just about everything they can throw at me now so I might as well hang around for the good times (they will come :roll: ).

I hope you might find yourself out at Campbo every second week in the not too distant too Nfed. I know plenty of guys who'd be happy to meet you and buy your first beer.

Nfed

Juniors
I went to Berala Public. I sat on the seats at the southern end of Lidcombe Oval. Are you my brother?

I used to have a season ticket to Campbelltown the first few years they were there. Then just sorta drifted away. I like the local footy better now.

yappy

Bench
Are you my brother?

only if you're a pot head :lol:

So you're a Berala boy? I was there from 76-82, let's see I had Mrs Stevenson in Kindy, Miss Stega (I think?) in 1st Class, Can't remember the old duck's name in 2nd but no doubt you'd remember her - was there forever, Latigan, Nev Keeley, Miller, and then Jack Moran. :lol: :lol: :lol: Some scarey memories :D

Played league every year too.

Well Nfed the Maggies is now local footy too, not that I'd want to talk you out of following the Bulls (I wonder if Gus had much to do with the club name?), but we're building a really close little atmosphere for the Maggies. It's always nice to have old friends drop in.

Latest posts