What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jim Dymock

Stagger eel

Staff member
Damn...there is talk that Dymock is the front runner for the NSW job, which incidentally I was just yesterday telling a mate of mine that he was my choice too out of the pitiful group that are available.

But my point of frustration stems from the thought that if he were to be selected as SOO coach, well how powerful does that make the Dogs?

They already have the best coach in the business and now seem to be on the brink of also having the prized appointment of State coach.

Well I really, really hope that Sticky can persuade Dymock over to the Eels whether he is made State coach or not. He is by far a much better option then Barrett would ever be. Barrett is a simple yokel window washer ffs.

For example, for everybody that has been so highly impressed with the bang up job Hassler has done in promoting interchange passing among Canterbury's forwards, it was Dymock who first initiated it, not Hassler. And Dymock was Sticky's highest appointed SOO assistant, not the other nongs within the squad.

So does anyone know what is going on at the club for the assistant jobs? I fear if we end up getting the yokel, our tactics will suffer over the long haul under Sticky, since it is not his strongest suit. But if we snag Jimmy, then we have real hope of having passion, commitment and tactical nous reintroduced at Parra...and with the possibility of having the next two SOO coaches as well.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ji...-state-of-origin/story-fndujljl-1226446248937

Ram, I don't think it will make an ounce of difference who the NSW coach will be as they'll still be encourage to relinquish any job they may have with their NRL club, I still think we're in a fanatastic bargaining position now with sticky there and he may well have some input on NSW regardless of who takes on the role fulltime..

as with the assistance role, last I heard, Matt Parish and Brad Arthur were going to be stickys deputies and both gentlemen would be here with great reputations...I guess we'll soon see when it becomes official.

barney gumble

Juniors
Qld have won 7 straight series with a knuckle head and a dope as coach and assistant. I reckon the coaching appointment is overstated for a three game series. Just pick the right team and appoint a coaching team good at motivation and a simple game plan.

I reckon Dymock would be perfect for the state job.

lingard

Coach
He is slow. Even the NRL dropped him as their PR pinup boy all those years ago, because he was vacuumus, if that is a word.

Vacuumus is a word, Ram. It was the name given to the ancient Greek God of vacuum cleaners. He was one of my favourite characters in Greek mythology when I was at high school. (Of course I didn`t know then that he was really Trent Barrett. I mean, who could`ve known?)