What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JL

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Justin Langer says wicketkeeper-batsman Matthew Wade could usurp Peter Nevill as the best gloveman in Australia – if he works harder at training.

but wait, there's more

"If he works hard ... if he has a Healy-Gilchrist work ethic, there's no reason why he can't be the best wicketkeeper in Australia.

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/matt...&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=windiestour16

That'll do me, I hope this space cadet never gets Boof's job. God help us if he does.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The guy has literally lost us tests and almost ruined Nathan Lyons career but if he just puts a couple of hours in he will suddenly turn competent. Sounds legit.

Mr Bean

Juniors
Quote:
Justin Langer says wicketkeeper-batsman Matthew Wade could usurp Peter Nevill as the best gloveman in Australia – if he works harder at training.

:lol:
Langer's lost it. You can train all you like but can't get rid of clumsy hands.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Utter space cadet, he also said that MMarsh should be batting at 4 in tests and ODI matches.

Even though he has struggled at 6 and 7 in tests so far.

This new one takes the cake, utter nut job.

Timbo

Staff member
Wade honestly must have photos of someone.

He plays one decent knock and suddenly he 'could be Gilchrist'.

Constant failure with bat and gloves. Nowhere near good enough.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Bit of a back handed compliment to me. Implication is that Wade doesn't train hard enough.

Yeah I read it that way as well

Don't mind what Langer said.

Pretty accurate really, Wade does need to improve his keeping, and the only way to do is to practice more and more. Wether he does get to Neville standard is another thing

Interesting that the article mentions that after every tour an assessment goes to the state coaches of their players. Looks like Wade got a poor assessment with his keeping, so full marks to JL really

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He will never be a better gloveman than Nevill. He was omitted from the limited overs squad for the Indian tour based on the fact that his keeping was substandard and Nevill was picked. That was spelt out clearly by Marsh.

If JL thinks he can improve that much he is living in fantasy land. This is a mature age cricketer, not an U/14 player who is still learning his trade.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Yeah I read it that way as well

Don't mind what Langer said.

Pretty accurate really, Wade does need to improve his keeping, and the only way to do is to practice more and more. Wether he does get to Neville standard is another thing

Interesting that the article mentions that after every tour an assessment goes to the state coaches of their players. Looks like Wade got a poor assessment with his keeping, so full marks to JL really

And Stevie Wonder needs to improve his seeing..Unfortunately both of their problems are innate..

steggz

Juniors
If all it does is make Nevill continue to work hard and not rest easy being the best then the message has done it's job.

+1. Any player is better off having competition. Whiteman will be competiting too, but the more the merrier. Give the selectors a headache.

But yes, it would be an almost miracle for Wade to get to the level of Healy/Gilchrist.

Latest posts