What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jnr grothe

Hurriflatch

Referee
yeah, unless they take 100% oif Dykes contract and give us Kimmorley, Vagana, Stevens, Hilder, Gallen, Peachey and Rieck for free then they can go f themselves

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Does anyone know Eric's contract status 100%. I was under the impression the club has an option on his services but many reports say he is offcontract.

Can anyone confirm?

one year option yes

word was if we got tahu we would get rid of one of our 3/4 - all others are under contract for next year.................

Hurriflatch

Referee
HJ, if your right it better bloody not be Guru or I may have to spend the night in Smithy's loungeroom then the next night at Fitzy's ;-) :lol:

Marduk

Juniors
Hulka said:
Not hopeful at all! We want to keep Rieck! Merritt you can have though

Couldn't agree more there Hulka!

Although i'd probably be inclined to keep Merritt over Grothe J. He's the bloke that got selected for NSW but didn't have enough ticker to play in the big game. :lol:

scottyeel

Bench
I bet if he did play he would have had more ticker than that cat stevens and played longer than 15 minutes. 8)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
as we have seen, contracts mean nothing

I hope we do keep him, but this year has been typical of 2 generations of Grothe

absolute brilliance, and a lot of time off the paddock with injuries.

Parraren

Bench
All the talk earlier this year was about how happy Smithy was to have Grothe back and how impressed he was with him in training and attitude etc.. and how Grothe was glad he was back at Parra and felt like he was back at home and was looking forward to his future here etc...

Sorry, i just can't see him leaving again. The rumours are crap if u ask me.

Glenn

First Grade
Considering Parramatta have the option on his contract, really can't see them not taking up the option for Guru jnr

Eelementary

Post Whore
Marduk said:
Hulka said:
Not hopeful at all! We want to keep Rieck! Merritt you can have though

Couldn't agree more there Hulka!

Although i'd probably be inclined to keep Merritt over Grothe J. He's the bloke that got selected for NSW but didn't have enough ticker to play in the big game. :lol:

That's right - because the obly truly accurate measure of how good a footballer you are is being chosen to play Origin. Just ask hacks like Minichiello, Hodges, Stevens ....

To say you'd keep Merritt over the steam-rolling Grothe is ludicrous. His pedigree alone commands respect.

Anyway, Guru told Riddell when he signed that he'd love to have a few beers with him after wins and stuff. So going on that I am assuming that we'll keep him for next year. Plus I think he's happy here.

And, oh yes before I forget - WE NEED HIM HERE.

Parraren

Bench
Merritt :lol:

How overrated is this guy. He's a glorified turnstile with speed. We'll be more than happy for you to keep him beleive us. We just want our Grothey to stay.

Matta

Juniors
Didn't last year Grothe say that he was happy to stay at the Roosters (read one of the old Big Leagues) and then sign with us? Could be the same this year. I surely hope not :p .

That's true, he did say that Matta, I have the article.

Another later article said though, that he never wanted to leave in the first place, and is very happy at Parra.
I don't think he'll be going anywhere, he belongs at Parra.