What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jnr Trials

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
You'd be hoping the Dragons lock up the Morris boys for a long time if they got away the reaction from the fans could be interesting might just be the final straw considering Lance Thompson, Josh Lewis, Etu and others

well, the old saying, "you can't keep em all" comes into play quite regularly for a club like St George, we're sort of in the same boat, but I tell you what 2 blokes that really impressed the other night was Etu and Junior To'o they may be revelations this year.

The Colonel

Immortal
Is that Junior To'o To'o? Etu Uasale - I saw him play a couple of games last year. Great prospect - didn't realise we had signed him......

Hurriflatch

Referee
Colonel: Yeah, I'd say so it's the guy PJ brought with him from the Warriors.

Eela: I understand that you can't keep them all but better judgement is needed, Parra had similar problems in the past keeping Ashley Graham while losing Willie Tonga not to offend Ash but 99% of people would say overall Tonga is the better player.

I know hindsight is 20/20 but basic intellegence is not

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Colonel said:
Is that Junior To'o To'o? Etu Uasale - I saw him play a couple of games last year. Great prospect - didn't realise we had signed him......

no just one To'o, I think :lol: ..came here with PJ, massive kid with alot of potential, not sure whether he's too old for Flegg or not.

Yep, we have Etu, definitely out shined our other winger, the one who's name escapes me.. :roll:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
Colonel: Yeah, I'd say so it's the guy PJ brought with him from the Warriors.

Eela: I understand that you can't keep them all but better judgement is needed, Parra had similar problems in the past keeping Ashley Graham while losing Willie Tonga not to offend Ash but 99% of people would say overall Tonga is the better player.

I know hindsight is 20/20 but basic intellegence is not

we're not going through that again are we???..I think that fact that we still had Vaeliki and lyon in our books was also a major contributor to losing him else where.

The Colonel

Immortal
Uiasele has been around the Dragons though for a long time. He was playing PL in 2003 and managed to play a first grade game somewhere along the line didn't he?

Hurriflatch

Referee
eelavation said:
we're not going through that again are we???..I think that fact that we still had Vaeliki and lyon in our books was also a major contributor to losing him else where.

I know that, and it was the only example that came to mind straight away

the only point I was making was that $$$ wise players aren't that much different at the SG Ball level but skill wise they can be so better judgement is needed when decided who to sign and saving $2,000 in the short term might mean the difference between a fringe 1st grader and a rep star 5 years later

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Colonel said:
Uiasele has been around the Dragons though for a long time. He was playing PL in 2003 and managed to play a first grade game somewhere along the line didn't he?

do you think so? didn't he play in flegg grand final?

The Colonel

Immortal
eelavation said:
do you think so? didn't he play in flegg grand final?

Unless there are two blokes with the same name. Etuate Uiasele was playing on the wing in PL in 2003. Could still be a youngun though given the Dragons injury problems of the past.....

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Colonel said:
Unless there are two blokes with the same name. Etuate Uiasele was playing on the wing in PL in 2003. Could still be a youngun though given the Dragons injury problems of the past.....

ok, I onder if Smithy will give him a run with the big boys in the next few weeks.

Stagger eel

Staff member
L NUTTER said:
sorry eela flegg and sg??

no, I didn't go on saturday, however eelaholic and eelz47 went and there was apparently no list available bare in mind most of our Flegg side played the night before and some turned up on the Saturday.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
#10, and #4 for SGBall were great, so was Cecil :lol:

flegg the fullback Piper and the wingers had the best games... they were pretty good to watch