What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Edwards

thebearman05

Juniors
With Beau Scott & Dean Young leaving at the end of 2012, Joel Edwards (on the market) might be a good addition to our backrow? Cheap and only 21, No frills, Good hitter in defence, would compliment the Dragons style.

Mr Red

First Grade
good call.
i agree. this kid has a future - very good technical defender, solid hitter.. just needs to mature a bit and reduce error count..
Price probably doesnt rate him... AH Mau is obviously better :(

mmap dragons

Juniors
Edwards decided to put himself on the market as he turned down a two year deal with Drugcastle. I highly doubt the Dragons will go after him considering they would have picked up Frizzel for considerably less and the comments by Doust in the Red V Forum that there will be no further significant player movement for 2013.

We probably are interested but you can't make Dousty skull his Crownie and rush these things.

Add to that it would be a 'work in progress' and I can't see it happening because young Edwards probably doesn't come from 'Organic stock':shock:

Prove us wrong Dousty.

hardbaby

Coach
He is the type of player I would love to have at the Club. But i think we'll go with what we have next year + possibly move Vidot into the backrow. We do need a big name forward but that will come in 2014 IMO.

Mr Red

First Grade
Edwards decided to put himself on the market as he turned down a two year deal with Drugcastle. I highly doubt the Dragons will go after him considering they would have picked up Frizzel for considerably less and the comments by Doust in the Red V Forum that there will be no further significant player movement for 2013.
hmmm... no further recruitment for 2013..

losses:
Young
Latimore
Scott

gains:
Beale
Frizzell

still yet to resign for 2013:
Kemp
Emmett
Gower
Vea

i am guessing by this the plan is to promote a few more toyota cup players into the first grade squad..
apart from Cummins i dont know of any others that are ready?
and with no further signings the problems in the halves will not be addressed at all..
not too happy about how the squad is shaping up next year..

If you took the time to read articles about the NYC you would see they are starting to really come of age under Holbrook who is an excellent coach.

Jarred Allen who has been playing for the cutters is a good young 5/8 who has really improved playing against older players.

Todd Ryan and Sam Clune have lead the NYC around well this year and are improving with every game.

Plenty of good young players but you would still have a whinge regardless.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
'No significant player movement' does not equal 'no further recruitment'.

aqua_duck

Coach
With Beau Scott & Dean Young leaving at the end of 2012, Joel Edwards (on the market) might be a good addition to our backrow? Cheap and only 21, No frills, Good hitter in defence, would compliment the Dragons style.

He's actually 24 and aside from a few highlight reel tackles he's got absolutely nothing. He's a below average athlete for a modern day backrower and is way too small for the front row. He signed for Canberra for $200k+ a year so he ain't cheap either. In defence he'll destroy any bloke who runs straight at him but abit of footwork and he's in a world of hurt, in attack he's got absolutely nothing, 50 games now and still hasn't scored a try, he's made about 3 line breaks in 50 games and is still yet to have a 100m+ game. Best way to describe him is an undersized Nigel Plum

Latest posts