What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Monaghan Rumours!

Blunty

Juniors
Rumours has it that the Roosters have offered Joel 240K, which is 10K less than the Raiders did. Manly have notched it up to 270K but he apparently wants to play with a winning side, therefore I think he may lean towards the Rosters.

thickos

First Grade
Or the Raiders considering he is a Tuggeranong boy and loves the club he grew up supporting! :roll:

Blunty

Juniors
thickos said:
Or the Raiders considering he is a Tuggeranong boy and loves the club he grew up supporting! :roll:

I didn't mean he wouldn't stay at the Raiders, but I was saying that if he leaves it will probably be the Roosters.

legend

Coach
To think they re-signed Cross and still have 250k available astounds me no end.

legend

Coach
But they had to upgrade the contracts on several players.

One way or the other, I wish Joel would make a decision. I think the longer he leaves it, the more likely he is to stay in Canberra.

Edwahu

Bench
Dont players earn about 10k an origin game now days? Monas would pretty much be guarenteed a blues jersey if he went to the roosters. Thats 30k Sticky can offer him that wouldnt show up on the cap.

Blunty

Juniors
Roosters have Fittler retiring on something like 400K ish, and buy Firman for 150K. That gives them 250K, regardless of the situation between Hodges and Cross.

skeepe

Immortal
I doubt they'll be keeping Dorn. Honestly, I don't know why they bothered buying him. This is like his second first grade game of the year isn't it?

Along with what was mentioned above, Cusack has left and Ricketson will be on $100,000 less next year, which does leave quite a gap in the salary cap.

SOULS 04

Juniors
yeh monas has obviously been offered enough money to stay in canberra one way or another

soo really it depends on if he loves the place as much as he says he does.

I wouldn't have minded seeing him in a Cronulla jersey next season, but we've just signed Vince Mellars so that puts paid to that idea.

Monas is a valuable player and I'd hate to see him go to the Roosters. It would be a huge loss to the Raiders if he does go and would be a big blow on top of the departure of Wiki.