What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Monaghan

Mr Saab

Referee
I can only think it was the game plan from the coach.

Honestly, have you ever seen any of those players, Monaghan, Scott, Cooper or Morris, rush in like that for their clubs?

Very, very rarely if ever.

Bellamy is a rep coach nuffy, but seriously, that rush in on Thurston was dumb and he only has himself to blame.

I will admit I am a Canberra fan, but with Monas coming back from injury and only 3 games under his belt this season, I have to wonder what the NSW selectors were thinking. He came into this game underdone, underprepared and on the back of a distruption in the camp. Not saying Monas isn't to take respobsibility for his own performance, but surely there were some compouding factors in there.

This, his normally a very good player and quite capable at origin, cant blame the guy for having the misfortune of being selected.

Didn't have his best game but like other posters have said, NSW's defence out wide was sh*t all round. It was a dominio effect, and wingers should be the last guys blamed in those situations. Hayne had a good enough chance to stop the Inglis try. Dugan probably would of.

Monas also saved a try by going for that intercept (again he had no support in defense, so had to) too bad QLD scored in the opposite corner from the scrum.

FastEddie

Juniors
Mongahan is another useless, talentless spastic that would only ever be indulged by NSW sides
A big f**king lug, albeit a ginger one at that
Complete f**king genius whose only use is catching crossfield kicks and falling over the tryline
Like a sh*tter, slower, softer, albino version of Israel Falou

G-ROCK

Juniors
When will they stop picking duds and eventually give merritt a go. it happens every year, a winger who has had no form is picked and merritt never gets a run. its not like his one of the leading try scorers EVERY year and is one the of the safest players you could pick.

Slackboy72

Coach
I thought Idris read from game 1 was bad but at least he put a shot on Dave Taylor.
Monaghan came out to take Inglis and he just strolled right past him.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I've watch the guy play for about 6 years and ive never seen him defend in that fashion
nor have i ever seen cooper, scott or morris defend in that fashion

just a coincidence i suppose that 4 very sound decisions makers in defense, all of a sudden decide to rush in the plays willy nilly... all 4 of them, co-incidently decide this is the game they'll play up and rush in defense as opposed to their usual games?

Come one guys, it was clearly a result of some geniusation of tactics from Bellamy. Im not sure what he was trying to achieve having them play this style of defense but it failed misrably

As for the first try, Monaghan was standing out with about 20 metres of territory to defend and 4 blokes outside of Beau Scott who was standing in the middle of the field
Had he not come in, QLD stroll in under the posts in between the huge gap between Monaghan and Scott... he came in because he had to, being hideously out numbered

that being said the entire back line played terrible. And Monaghan is not exception to that.

The General

Juniors
As for the first try, Monaghan was standing out with about 20 metres of territory to defend and 4 blokes outside of Beau Scott who was standing in the middle of the field
Had he not come in, QLD stroll in under the posts in between the huge gap between Monaghan and Scott... he came in because he had to, being hideously out numbered

4 players ay.

So Inglis + Boyd = 4. I know Inglis is good but I wouldn't count him as 3 players. No matter what excuses you throw out it's clear as day the try came down to Monaghans f*ck up. I don't care if the coach told them to come up and in, doesn't mean you should do it when you are no chance of stopping the ball.

Do Raiders fans honestly thing Monaghan is even close to being the best winger NSW could have picked?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 7

Raider_69

Post Whore
Actually that picture just proves Monaghan had no other option
look where beau scott is, and look where Inglis is... Inglis is already on the outside on him by a LONG LONG way.
It was going to be a try unless Monaghan could stop the ball movement, he took the odds to the cut out ball, he got it wrong, should have gone to a body, not to a gap, but if he'd held his line they've have scored anyways.

Not sure why in a game we lost about 7 tries to 1 and a game where every single outside back, all of whom are defensively sound, we're coincidentally rushing up, we are worrying about one single try. Monaghan had a poor game i agree, but he saved two tries. So he did some good. The entire backline from Hayne to Barrett was terrible, its hardly like Monaghan was the only guy playing poorly

Was he the best guy for the job? Given he had 3 games back off a 9 month lay out, probably not, but who's fault is that? Monaghan's or the selectors?

Morris, Scott, Cooper and Monaghan have never defended in this style ever before and i doubt they will again.