What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Moon

MKEB...

Staff member
. One of them earlier in the year was Luke Bailey who clear as day went to trip a Raider and narrowly missed. In the past that's been a suspension. They argued that because it didn't connect it didn't count. Wes falls into the same category. Common sense says he get's a week, but because Bailey's a bit of a poster child Wes gets away scot free.

I thought he got him. How long did Matthew Ridge get for his trip?

ozreece77

Juniors
I thought he got him. How long did Matthew Ridge get for his trip?

Ridge got 1 week after they successfully had a grade 2 charge reduced to grade 1 on the grounds it was unintentional.

Wes should have had 1 week at least cause i didnt think he missed either.

And if it wasnt so hard to prove beyond doubt, they should introduce diving charges (against the spirit of the game) as Dureau's dive was as blatant as they get.

Last edited:

Drzoidberg

Juniors
Ridge got 1 week after they successfully had a grade 2 charge reduced to grade 1 on the grounds it was unintentional.

Wes should have had 1 week at least cause i didnt think he missed either.

And if it wasnt so hard to prove beyond doubt, they should introduce diving charges (against the spirit of the game) as Dureau's dive was as blatant as they get.

Too right reece too right. Even the commentator remarked when Hohaia got tripped "if he stayed down it wouldve been a penalty".

Hohaia also made the head high not look so bad by jumping back to his feet.

Calls should not be changed when a player goes down, maybe just on report no penalty so this sh*t dont turn in to soccer or football (as I keep getting corected pfft). I know the players want the ref to make the right call and acting enhances your chance but when dickheads like Dureau almost change a game by falling backwards while sprinting forwards after hitting a loose limb is ridiculous. He gets tackled all game and falls like that from an arm?

This should be sighted and Dureau should be charged say 3 weeks for cheating.

tkr

Juniors
I thought the centre's high shot on Hohaia (I think) was worth a mention as well

There was a full on stiff arm during the NQ game as well that didn't even get a mention probably for the same reason - the player got straight back up.

Drzoidberg

Juniors
*soccer ;-)

Damn straight, that is what Ive always known it as but now all these "football" experts pop out the woodwork since the All whites made the cup and look down their noses and correct me.

Never mind about pulling me up on talking bout THE footy as in league.

IanG

Coach
Moon.jpg

Latest posts