What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Reddy to walk, Chris Sandow to reject offer

728758-joel-reddy-chris-sandow-adam-blair-quade-cooper-tom-symonds-cooper-cronk.jpg

Joel Reddy, Chris Sandow, Adam Blair, Quade Cooper, Tom Symonds, Cooper Cronk. Source: The Daily Telegraph

PARRAMATTA'S recruitment strategy is in tatters with the revelation centre Joel Reddy is on the verge of quitting and with Souths' boom halfback Chris Sandow poised to reject a $2million deal to move west.

And in a further blow to the former NRL powerhouse, Roosters forward Tom Symonds yesterday knocked back a big-money approach from the desperate Eels to remain at Bondi for a further three seasons.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal three rival NRL clubs and one English Super League team have swooped on Joel Reddy, one of the club's more consistent players.

The Eels have now missed out on Symonds, Storm forward Adam Blair and gun halves Cooper Cronk and Quade Cooper.

Sandow is expected to announce soon he is staying loyal to the Rabbitohs.

At the same time, Parramatta have yet to even put an offer in writing to Reddy because they have been waiting to check his recovery from a shoulder reconstruction.

All this just a week after coach Stephen Kearney declared: "I aim to provide the necessary stability and direction as head coach that will ensure our retention program will hopefully put an end to our current players leaving the club."

Reddy is tipped to sign with one of the three rival clubs within the next fortnight, with the Bulldogs and Cronulla believed to be among the clubs chasing him.Reddy's manager Steve Gillis confirmed last night it was unlikely the City Origin centre from last season would be staying with the Eels.

"Joel's loyal to Parramatta and he loves the players out there. He would like to stay but at this stage we haven't got an offer in writing," Gillis said. "At the same time there is plenty of interest in his talents and other clubs are keen to recruit him.

"He's only recently married and his wife is expecting their first child so you can understand he has to think about his family and his future."After being heavily criticised for losing quality players Feleti Mateo and Kristan Inu to the Warriors and signing only old stagers like Chris Walker, Paul Whatuira and Carl Webb as replacements, Kearney spoke just last week about his plans to overhaul the Eels' recruitment which included appointing ex-Broncos football manager Peter Nolan as chief recruitment officer.
"The first part of our plan is already under way and it involves a more structured and specific approach to recruitment and retention of players and staff," Kearney said. "It has been very frustrating for me as a newcomer to watch former Parramatta players running around playing for other clubs against the Eels."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-to-reject-offer/story-e6frexnr-1226048689046

I feel for Parra.

Its not so long ago that we were in this same boat.

Having to offer overs to try to get players to come on board only to be turned away time after time and at the same time, having promising Juniors poached by the likes of the Dogs and Manly year after year. Heartbreaking stuff to endure as a fan.

Jimmy Smooth

Juniors
Heartbreaking, but its part of the game. I offer sympathy, even if it is minimal. Couldn't stand the crap other clubs gave us when all that was going on, now its on the other shoe.

Fans of other clubs are still fans, just like us. I always have sympathy for fans when they get shit on. At the end of the day, they have minimal say and really just want to support a successful Footy side.

Club admin on the other hand.... Thats a different story altogether.

Honkiest_Honky

Juniors
I feel for Parra.

Having to offer overs to try to get players to come on board only to be turned away time after time and at the same time, having promising Juniors poached by the likes of the Dogs and Manly year after year. Heartbreaking stuff to endure as a fan.

Are you for real? They made the GF a few years back! They had a stella team. That wasn't good enough for the fans so they sack CEO Fitzgerald. If that wasn't enough they sacked the coach who took them there with a year left on his contract. Sorry but if you down grade ur CEO and coach what the f**k do you expect?

Bailey1188

Juniors
I feel for Parra.

Sorry different kind of rabbit - you're still in that boat.:sarcasm: