What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey 2500?

Rod

Bench
According to my possibly wrong calculations, Joey is currently on 2132 career points. Assuming that we will play between lets say 5 and 8 more games this year, he will probably finish around the 2200 mark. That means if he retires at the end of next season, he would have to score 300 points next season to get 2500. Not impossible, but the Knights would have to be scoring a lot of tries for that to happen. If he managed to get 2500 points I doubt even Hazem El Masri could catch him.

Burwood

Bench
300 points in a season may be a stretch. The closest he has gotten was in 2001 when he scored 279, and that was on the back of 14 tries. Anything around the low 200s would be more realistic.

Burwood

Bench
Bring it home Knights said:
elmazri is pretty old. How many points has he landed so far?
220. He will need to play on for 2 seasons after joey retires to catch up- I can't see a winger lasting that long in the game.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Johns is contracted until the end of 2008, is he not? There seems to be a fair bit of confusion on this point, as even Warren Smith said so on one of those NRL shows on fox a week or two ago. Not very specific information, but I can absolutely 100% remember him saying that, because my ears pricked up.

Ben

Bench
He was given a two year extension of his contract for 2007 and 2008 if he would retire from International Football. So he is technically contracted until 2008, but realistically i don't see him playing past 2007.

knights98

Juniors
he is contracted to the end of the 2008 season, but alot of people dont see him lasting that long more then likely.

jamesgould

Juniors
knights98 said:
he is contracted to the end of the 2008 season, but alot of people dont see him lasting that long more then likely.

I don't know why, he's said he'll assess it mid-way through next season. I reckon he's got to be at least 50-50 to stay, he's still performing, the body seems to be holding up pretty well this year, and the guy has some serious drive (most of the time!).

Master Vippo

Juniors
The type of player El Masri is, he could keep playing for quite a while. Doesnt get injured much, or seem to put too much stress on his body. I reckon he will overtake Johns.

Rod

Bench
Most people seem to think that Joey will be done by the end of next year, but I can see him playing until 2008. They made a point on the Sunday Footy Show that Joey is doing what Brad Fittler did and try and take a step back in games in an attempt to prolong his career. We all can see that Joey plays a bit differently than he used to, and with Mullen there supporting him and taking a lot of pressure off him, I think he could play through 2008.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Rod said:
Most people seem to think that Joey will be done by the end of next year, but I can see him playing until 2008. They made a point on the Sunday Footy Show that Joey is doing what Brad Fittler did and try and take a step back in games in an attempt to prolong his career. We all can see that Joey plays a bit differently than he used to, and with Mullen there supporting him and taking a lot of pressure off him, I think he could play through 2008.

that's a good point.

strewth_mate

Bench
What I've noticed in what game time I've seen is that Mullen seems to be playing a lot at first receiver. In a way he's more involved and effective than Johns at the moment. If Joey has someone like that, that is capable, to help him steer the side around, it'll do his longevity no harm, I agree

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
the best teams tend to have more then one option in attack. We now have johns, buderus, mullen and also thaiday. If our forwards improve we have the potencial of being the most dangerous team in the comp.

Latest posts