What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey Grima's Malta Team

Nikki

Coach
We had some idiot Portugese ppl behind us. Thankfully they only stayed for 35 minutes.

Poor Portugal were dropping like flies by the end of the game. I loved when Joey gave their coach a Malta Jersey. Didnt think he was gunna give the bloke his microphone back tho.

Hellsy

Immortal
I got a few pics at the end of the game, if I get a chance this week I'll put them up

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
i didn't think those guys were pro-portugal as much as they were anti-sammut...

Nikki

Coach
The coaches got to choose a Man of the Match from each team.

Joey chose #13 Gabriel Ramon from Portugal
Mal chose #13 Willie Grech from Malta

Nikki

Coach
JessEel said:
i didn't think those guys were pro-portugal as much as they were anti-sammut...

They knew someone on the Portugal team. I picked that much up when they would have a normal conversation with each other..

eelz47

Coach
it was ivan, and they called him wendal , as in sailor(he came off hurt late in the game)

fish eel

Immortal
I'm surprised you went Utey...knowing you think international league is a joke and all.

Utey

Coach
It is, but I don't let it cloud the attempt of thes smaller nations having a crack. If it takes a Sydney based bunch of blokes with Maltese backgrounds, then so be it.

fish eel

Immortal
Utey said:
It is, but I don't let it cloud the attempt of thes smaller nations having a crack. If it takes a Sydney based bunch of blokes with Maltese backgrounds, then so be it.

Well that's the thing, and dont take this the wrong way, but is it really the smaller nations having a crack or a bunch of blokes based in sydney with maltese backgrounds getting together under the maltese flag? do they ever play outside of sydney?

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
i think they are heading to malta next week to play a few games fish

strider

Post Whore
its cos u r maltese - nothing wrong with supporting your heritage .... if they weren't maltese u wouldn't care eh?