What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey Johns named 8th immortal

_Johnsy

Referee
That is where parents come into it.Just blame footy players for todays society because they aren't good role models,what crap. Parents are the role models and if a kids favourite player has a flaw then it is up to mum and dad to educate.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Exactly like when parents blame teachers/schools for not educating their children to their expectations. The same parents probably don't read or spend time at home with their children supporting the teacher/school.

Parents not willume to assume responsibility for the upbringing of their child, why look for external factors to blame?

Unfortunate indictment on some parents.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Won't someone please think of the children....

I am absolutely certain that Norm Provan would be the first to congratulate Andrew Johns if the opportunity presented itself.

Norm is a true gentleman of the game. He has a record that speaks for itself. He possessed a presence on the field that makes the 'Immortals Award' look like a Davy Crockett Badge.

Of course Norm Provan deserves it more by a country mile

But Andrew Johns is deserving as well. He changed the game and is the best half back I have ever seen.

Should have been both, same as when Changa and Lewis were named to keep the Qlders happy. That would have stopped the debate dead in its tracks.

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
No it wouldn't Willow, the morons from Nth of the Tweed would demand a QLD'er regardless of wether it was deserved or not. You should know, you've been there long enough.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
FMD so the league numbers have suffered since he was awarded immortal status. I have heard it all now, at least we can disregard whatever tripe you trot out in this thread from here on (based on your above comment) Moronic at best, what a ridiculous statement.

lol...just lol

Willow

Assistant Moderator
No it wouldn't Willow, the morons from Nth of the Tweed would demand a QLD'er regardless of wether it was deserved or not. You should know, you've been there long enough.
Well Norm does live in Noosa.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Well Norm does live in Noosa.

:D...cheeky...no he doesn't. He Lives out Maleny way.
Johnnsy, sorry mate but you missed my point regarding immortalising a confessed drug user even if it is recreational. BTW, I grew up in the St George district....not Qld, so you can dispel that myth also.
Rugby league is it on its arse up here with 4 A Grade clubs on the verge of bankruptcy. Junior numbers are way down on previous years and whilst this would not be attributed to Johns and his disco bikkies, any negative press like that certainly does not help. Local clubs struggle to attract players and there have been forfeitures. All codes are fighting for junior players and sponsorship dollars and league is unfortunately faltering in that domain. I am heavily involved in local sport and I am aware of the intricacies of clubs and views of parents/guardians etc.
Once again, Johns off field behaviour is not the reason behind this but merely another in a long list of off field misdemeanors from public figures that are associated with NRL.
Sure, he was a master on the field but that doesn't change my views regarding his off field behaviour. I just don't like him or his wonderful brother. It appears some sectors of society allows for poor behaviour if the guy is a good footballer....spare me...Flame away...
Therefore, my vote was for Norm Provan. :D
Enjoy the day boys...all good here

:D...cheeky...no he doesn't. He Lives out Maleny way.
Johnnsy, sorry mate but you missed my point regarding immortalising a confessed drug user even if it is recreational. BTW, I grew up in the St George district....not Qld, so you can dispel that myth also.
Rugby league is it on its arse up here with 4 A Grade clubs on the verge of bankruptcy. Junior numbers are way down on previous years and whilst this would not be attributed to Johns and his disco bikkies, any negative press like that certainly does not help. Local clubs struggle to attract players and there have been forfeitures. All codes are fighting for junior players and sponsorship dollars and league is unfortunately faltering in that domain. I am heavily involved in local sport and I am aware of the intricacies of clubs and views of parents/guardians etc.
Once again, Johns off field behaviour is not the reason behind this but merely another in a long list of off field misdemeanors from public figures that are associated with NRL.
Sure, he was a master on the field but that doesn't change my views regarding his off field behaviour. I just don't like him or his wonderful brother. It appears some sectors of society allows for poor behaviour if the guy is a good footballer....spare me...Flame away...
Therefore, my vote was for Norm Provan. :D
Enjoy the day boys...all good here

So lets make sticks a immortal and maybe just maybe with some good press inch by inch we can turn it around and get 5 A grade teams up there ??
Andrew Johns was the greatest player ever ive seen..Was he knob ?? most prob sounds like it on radio and tv ..But to give and award like a immortal to a player who was maybe ?? not as good but was a better bloke is f**king dumb.. Sorry mate but if Joey was a dragons player there would be hell to pay if he didnt get the award no ???

TheRev

Coach
All of us have gotten up to mischief, experimented and made a few mistakes (if you havent, gratz 2 u), I expect nothing less from celebrities/sportsmen, they have a life too.

We rarely get a glimpse of what a player actually does in their spare time, or really thinks.. they are coached so well to shelter themselves from the media/public, and its the same reason we get the same boring mundane interviews every week... the first priority thesedays is to cover your own butt.

Latest posts