What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey Johns: our biggest dickhead in the game

D

dubby

while i'm on the whinge, let me air my opinion on the "greatest player in the game".:mad: I can't stand the bloke. Yes he is talented, yes he can play, but i can't stand his behaviour on the field, his arrogance, and his childish dummyspits. I read in RLW he had all the attributes of a great player cos he loved to drink beer and bet on horses...now i bet thats what all kids want to be when they grow up! Not too mention what their parents think of that remark. "yes son, play footy, drink copius amounts of grog, bet on horses or dogs or whatever and your mates will love ya for it". No wonder RL's image is of yobbos.
I hate the ch9 reporters consistantly giving him a rap, i mean how many other players are out there as well playing good footy? GIVE ME A BREAK. Johns is overrated, its just a media ploy, or just a bunch of his TV buddies giving him verbal love. Joey, you are not that great, i wish i could tell you to your face you little child, God knows your behaviour is that of a spoiled brat and i detest you for it. The passes you throw over the sideline, and its not your fault oh no, your abuse of teamates, your "characer is flawed by immaturity".
Interesting to see your punishment for that head-slam Joey, slap on the wrist i bet..

Sorry folks, but enough is enough...:mad:

D

dubby

creates a good home don't it? Lets all go bet our money away and drink it away. A bit harsh? No, not when you see how much money is wasted and the effects drunks and gamblers have on our society. It is not the image this game should have.

Do you want your children to booze it up and gamble Willow??? No harm in small doses u might think, but it starts small, and just gets bigger and bigger...

D

dubby

Amen Bronco, Lockyer is my choice for Oz captain, and a much better bloke and player.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dubby, I'll read your spin on morality but I'll thank you to keep my children out of it.
No, I dont think Johns is perfect but to damn a bloke just because he drinks and gambles sort of cancels out half the male population.
Most people are quite capable of enjoying life without someone else telling them how to behave.

D

dubby

My focus is not on grog and gambling, thats a spinoff. I am not telling people how to live, you made that up. His behaviour is what i don't like, and more to the point i hate hearing every week that he is the greatest player, even the greatest ever player. Tell that to past greats like Meninga, Churchill, Gasnier. Yes morality is important to me, and i have to be carefull how i put words together, but male bonding doesn't have to be all booze and betting, thats a culture created...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
LOL... Bronco, it wont be from this side...
yes you're quite right. A lot club revenue is gained from pokies which imo are far worse than a bloke having a beer and a bet at the local.
It could be argued that by supporting RL, we support pokies - I say, 'could be argued' because quite frankly I think its a long bow to draw.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
"I am not telling people how to live... His behaviour is what i don't like.."
LMAO
Oh gosh... I stand corrected.
emdgust.gif

D

dubby

Jesus was a bit of a wino.....

What a way to thank the guy who died for you ;)

I AM NOT AGAINST DRINKING AS PER SAY,just the boozing culture and image that gets portrayed as a result.

Getting drunk is usually a bandaid over people's hurt and pain.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
"Tell that to past greats like Meninga, Churchill, Gasnier. Yes morality is important to me..."
Hmmm... well maybe Churchill and Gasnier... you dont want to know what's been said about Big Mal.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
"What is your point Willow?"
My point is that I can't fool you mate... you're way too clever for me.

D

dubby

Nothing i haven't heard before. Mal was more of a champion then Johns ever will be.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
dub: "Mal was more of a champion then Johns ever will be."
Their records both players good service... but sure mate, you just keep on believin'

Bronco: "Wasn't Jesus a bit ofa wino anyway?" lol ... imagine going to a friends wedding and being able to turn water into wine... that bloke was a party animal.
embeer.gif

H

hutch

i think the heading should be:

DUBBY: our biggest dickhead in the forum

get a life mate

Andrew Johns is a sad case.
When I see him I think of Maradonna and George Best and Linoel Rose and any number of other guys who found themselves the centre of attention for their sporting abilities but didn't have the emotional maturity to deal with it.

Matt Johns has told Andrew that the publicans of Newcastle should put up a monument -to his liver. Andrew found a nice girl to marry who didn't know a thing about football, but it didn't last. At various times he has done an 'Andrew Walker' and just disappeared for days at a time. The last time he did that was just before the finals series in 2001. He said the pressure was too much and he thought of walking away from the game.

Making him the captain at Newcastle was a huge gamble. It was a move that was either going to make him or break him. In the end he has gone from strength to strength, but chinks keep appearing in the armour.

Johns arrived for the game against Wests just half an hour before kickoff. His explanation was that he got caught up in watching the races and lost track of time. Danny Buderus had to do the coin toss because Andrew hadn't showed. He went out and had a distracted sort of game and did at least one silly thing that has got him suspended now. He then left the ground in a hurry, later saying he regrets not apologising to the Wests player, but he just had to get away from the ground.

I get the feeling he has a lot of problems off the field (to do with relationships) and he is on the verge of telling us all to stick our silly game where the sun don't shine.

Two weeks off could be a good thing if he can get his personal life in order during that time.

L

legend

I actually think Dubby has a point about Johns and most of you missed it.

Johns is the current Australian captain, not the captain of the local a grade side and with the role comes much responsibility, which he takes very lightly or simply does not give a stuff. He thinks he can have his cake and eat it too by drinking and gambling. I'm not one for telling people how they should live their lives but I would not choose Johns as a role model for my son. He is a poor sportsman and I don't think he is good ambassador for our game. It's in the best interestes of the game for the leading players to act as role models both on and off the field and Johns is neither.

He was alsoinvolved in some altercation in a pub and you keep on hearing these things about Johns. How much of it is true? Then there are the rumours about Johns and Ben Kennedy's wife.

Johns may be a better all round player than Meninga, but he has nothing on Mal when it comes to leadership on and off the field.

Is it too much to ask the the current Australian captain carry himself with a certain amount of self respect and discipline?

Latest posts