What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johhny Ricos diary

i know a lot of peeple here are rooting for me so i here is my diary.
thunkyou again to my new gurlfrund for helping with the nice person reading -
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Johnny Rico's Diary. The Liberation of Tophet. Part one (of two parts)
The Roughnecks have often discovered many different life forms. Indeed, there are more enemies than bugs in the universe. During their ongoing war against the Arachnids, the Roughnecks recently spearheaded a mission to Tophet, a world populated by seven-foot tall, methane-breathing "Skinnies", a sophisticated alien race.

It was hoped that Tophet could be set up as an outpost for the war against the Bugs.
But a faction of the Bugs network had already visited Tophet and it was found that the Skinnies were hostile - the Roughnecks had walked into a trap! What followed was a conflict which was almost as fiery and volcanic as Tophet itself.

The Bugs on Tophet were the ugliest I have seen. They were large, about the size of a desert scooter and they were scaly and dark with long brown tentacles protruding from their frontal lobes. The tentacles were dripping with green slime, perhaps poisonous and the emanating stench was unbearable.

Forced into pitched battles against the Bugs and the Skinnies, two of the Roughnecks came to grief and were missing in action. In the course of events, the squad leader, Razak and Higgins where lost deep in enemy territory, reportedly held somewhere in
the caves. As always, the Roughnecks never leave their own behind but despite a Roughneck counter attack, there was no sign of our missing comrades.

Then we received a report that the Skinnies are being mind-controlled by tiny bugs. These Bugs were the size of a clenched fist and they attached to the necks of their victim. The Skinnies were unwitting pawns in the war! Confronted by an army of killer Bugs and brain-washed Skinnies, the Roughnecks were holding their positions, but they couldn't move forward.

It was up to me, Johnny Rico, to find the source of these psychic projections, initiate a rescue, and liberate the inhabitants of Tophet from the Bug incursion. Without hesitation, I ventured deep into the caves of Tophet.
After eight kilometres of difficult terrain and bug killing, my ammunition was running low and my combat suit armour was severely damaged. Finally, I came across a large and ugly division of bugs hidden away in a wide opencavern. They were protecting their queen, a monstrous beast of some ten metres in height. Beneath her long cockroach-like legs were Razak and Higgins. They were alive but looked destined to be dissected, studied and devoured.

I fired my single mortar into the largest contingent of Bugs but more emerged to take the place of the fallen. I then engaged my flame thrower until it was spent and the cavern soon filled with the stench of burning bug meat. But once again, the Bug units
were replaced with even more reinforcements.

Being surrounded, there was little I could do -

end of part one - conclusion soon.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
mebbee you want to add you own ending
but when i um back - i will tell you all the finish

But i soldiered on. I was a bug hunter of the highest distinction. The bugs were like whores on Canterbury Road, they were everywhere.

As a last resort, i pulled out my Bugitnam Machete. The tool hadn't been in use since 2456, when the allies defeated the bugs in the battle of Tophet. The bugs didn't know what hit them. The man was on fire. Me, the Ricmeister, was firing on all cylinders and i left those buggaronis for dead.

Moffo.

u fort i furgotten u all?
surry, i bin away of killing bugs... here is my conclushun...

I reached into the airtight membrane of my combat suit and engaged the emergency medical plasma belt and then connected it to the front bleeder valve on my breast plate. This released a hot plasma discharge which sent the bugs in my immediate vicinity scurrying for cover. This plasma surge lowered my life support but it bought me time. I battled towards the queen using up the last of my ammo but at least I left a multitude of dead bugs in my wake. Spurting hot resin out of her nostrils, the queen halted my progress. A hundred more bugs were approaching my position. My only chance was to throw a grenade which I unclipped from my belt. With a mighty throw, I found my mark - dislocating my shoulder in the process. The explosion saw an end to the queen as her nostrils split open sending green ooze all over the walls of the cavern. The queen's brain then evaporated in a scene of expanding carnage as she decorated the rock ceiling. In the chaos that followed, I pulled Razak and Higgins clear. Meanwhile, the bugs, no longer telepathically connected, went on a rampage of destruction, killing anything that moved. I sent Razak and Higgins ahead and told them to radio for back-up. I unclipped my final weapon - a mini thermo-nuclear device that would destroy the cavern and anything else within five kilometres. I set the timer for three minutes and ran for my life. Razak, yelled back that a Roughneck transport was flying through an upper opening of the cave network. With Bugs still in pursuit we found our way out. The three of us ran towards the transport's platform. Once aboard, the transport jetted out of the cave opening - at which point, the mini thermo-nuclear device detonated and there was a tophet-shattering explosion, closing the cavern and the Bug's operations on Tophet forever. Having been released from the torment of mind control, the Skinnies' life returned to normal. Diplomatic relations have since been set up between Earth and Tophet with myself, Johhny Rico being declared an honorary citizen of the alien world. I was approached to take up a position of Earth's first ambassador of Tophet but I declined without hesitation. I am Johnny Rico, Roughneck - and that will never change.

C

CanadianSteve

At the start of post#1, Johnny says peole are "rooting" for him. That's an expression N Americans would use, but I thought Aussies wouldn't because rooting means Ron Cooting. (I remembering learning that on LWOS in another thread, all part of my Aussie education here.)

Can this help us identify Johnny Rico?

B

bender

Steve, I found post #2to be quite informative as to the identity of Johnny Rico.

That was a slip to make Janet Jackson proud.:D

C

CanadianSteve

You mean Moffo? I don't think so, it looks to me like he was pretending to carry on Johnny's diary, but making fun of it at the same time. IMO, it's not written in the same style.

I hope Moffo sees this and comes to clear it up.

B

bender

The evidence is mounting on Moffo. I have no doubt that Moffo is either Larry Long Prong or Johnny Rico. I am not sure whether or not he is both. Perhaps time will tell or perhaps it will remain one of the great mysteries of the internet world, like the willowgate scandalls.

Latest posts