What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Cartwright

Joey_dragons

Juniors
Sacked Titans coach John Cartwright is set to be thrown a lifeline by the Dragons for 2015.
Cut loose by the Titans after eight seasons a couple of months back, Cartwright looked destined for the coaching scrapheap.
But rookie Dragons coach Paul McGregor wants some more experience on his staff and decided to give Cartwright a chance to resurrect his career as an assistant coach.
A veteran with 30 years experience as a player and coach, Cartwright could be a handy gain for the Dragons as they attempt to re-establish themselves as a force in the NRL.
Expect an announcement by the club sometime in the next few days.

Www.sportal.com.au

DRAGONSNZ

Bench
Thanks mate, I have wanted to post this all morning but haven't managed to pluck up the courage too.. the once mighty saints are on the road to self-destruction.... sad times ahead..

blacksafake

First Grade
I'm reasonably happy with this I think he can coach & would be a good option when/if Mary fails.Should Mary not come up to scratch at least it should stop the trend of employing another rookie unless he is overlooked for Hornby or Young.Besides he was a very good skilful player who can only be a huge upgrade on Albert as far as helping the forwards especially players like Frizell & JDB.

Mr Red

First Grade
The dragons have become the place to get a job when u can't get a job anywhere else...

Dragonnic

Juniors
you guys are so negative. not everyone is going to be pleased. For me i say bring it on. He will be good for us.

Coffs dragon

Bench
He's a big improvement on the current two of Ian Mildew & Albert Young. I hear he is a good communicator and will be beneficial with helping our forwards in particular my greatest concern is he will be the scapegoat for any failure, much like Steve Folks. Looks like Mary is stamping some authority in getting the staff around him that provide experience and away from the boys club mentality of Doust.

nrlnrl

First Grade
He's a big improvement on the current two of Ian Mildew & Albert Young. I hear he is a good communicator and will be beneficial with helping our forwards in particular my greatest concern is he will be the scapegoat for any failure, much like Steve Folks. Looks like Mary is stamping some authority in getting the staff around him that provide experience and away from the boys club mentality of Doust.

yes, give him a go

Twenty10

Juniors
I think this is a decent acquisition. I know the titans didn't set the world on fire... But Carty does know NRL talent and can be a hard nut when needed. Will be interesting

possm

Coach
I think this is a decent acquisition. I know the titans didn't set the world on fire... But Carty does know NRL talent and can be a hard nut when needed. Will be interesting

I'd rather the Club appoints Brown as assistant coach mainly because I have little faith in Mary being able to do the job. If Mary fails, who would you rather step in; Cartwright or Brown?

jenninga

First Grade
Thanks mate, I have wanted to post this all morning but haven't managed to pluck up the courage too.. the once mighty saints are on the road to self-destruction.... sad times ahead..

Why say this,Cartwright has had success as a player and assistant to Rooters ,did reasonably well with a new team also.

jenninga

First Grade
He's a big improvement on the current two of Ian Mildew & Albert Young. I hear he is a good communicator and will be beneficial with helping our forwards in particular my greatest concern is he will be the scapegoat for any failure, much like Steve Folks. Looks like Mary is stamping some authority in getting the staff around him that provide experience and away from the boys club mentality of Doust.[/QUOTE]

It's what we have been barking on about (jobs for the boys) and now we appoint an outsider and shit hits the fan.
FFS credit where it's due.

Redvpassion

Juniors
Just did some research. Cartwright has never work with the dagons before let alone played for them.

UNBELIVEABLE. We signed some outsider. Noooooooo waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy.

The sky is falling. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Redvpassion

Juniors
I'd rather the Club appoints Brown as assistant coach mainly because I have little faith in Mary being able to do the job. If Mary fails, who would you rather step in; Cartwright or Brown?

The way we going with all these players exodus, we would be lucky to have a team to coach.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Yes its a great move along with the appointment of Peter Mullholand from outside as well. Finally starting to get some expertise and balance in breaking away from the job for the boys mentality. I'm all for Ben Hornby & Dean Young to learn and be a part of the support coaching team. They need to wait before they get their chance and not a repeat of Brownie.

possm

Coach
He's a big improvement on the current two of Ian Mildew & Albert Young. I hear he is a good communicator and will be beneficial with helping our forwards in particular my greatest concern is he will be the scapegoat for any failure, much like Steve Folks. Looks like Mary is stamping some authority in getting the staff around him that provide experience and away from the boys club mentality of Doust.[/QUOTE]

It's what we have been barking on about (jobs for the boys) and now we appoint an outsider and shit hits the fan.
FFS credit where it's due.

Maybe Cartwright and Brown rather than Millard and Young. I think this combination would give Mary the best chance of success and if it doesn't go well than a Brown / Cartwright combo would be a very powerful one.

grouch

First Grade

Why would Mary hire an assistant who's a superior coach, and one with ambition to be head coach? Much better to throw a lifeline to a placid reject grateful for the gig. Carty fits the bill

possm

Coach
Why would Mary hire an assistant who's a superior coach, and one with ambition to be head coach? Much better to throw a lifeline to a placid reject grateful for the gig. Carty fits the bill

But, but, but ..... what makes you say that Mary is superior to Cartwright. I can find no facts to support this. I do know that Cartwright has far more experience coaching at NRL level.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
But, but, but ..... what makes you say that Mary is superior to Cartwright. I can find no facts to support this. I do know that Cartwright has far more experience coaching at NRL level.

Brown is more of a threat to take his job than Cartwright is. That's why he appointed Cartwright. Simples!