What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Hopoate

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I thought this guy had woken up to himself after taking a month off. He might be good player, takes the ball up well and makes some hits, but he does silly things on the field and tries to be too tough. I thought he was an idiot trying to take on Craig Stapleton and then do it again in the tunnel when he was sin-binned. And then try to put some big hits on and start another brawl.

Des Hasler told him to take a month's leave cause of his fitness, but I think Des has to tell him to take another month's leave cause of his discipline.

swing_low

Juniors
Hopoate in strife again
June 14, 2004

CONTROVERSIAL Manly winger John Hopoate could face a long NRL suspension after today being charged with making threatening and derogatory remarks to a match official.

Hopoate (left)... in strife

Hopoate's case was deemed serious enough to be sent straight to a judiciary hearing this week with no option for an early plea.

Hopoate was believed to have made comments to a touch judge immediately after Manly's 52-12 loss to Parramatta at Parramatta Stadium yesterday.

He also faces a second contrary conduct charge of fighting during the match.

AAP

Forum Idiot

Bench
he had the potential to be one of the best but he threw it all away with ill discipline and stupidity. its a shame for john and a shame for the game. his hits are entertaining but its time that he figured out when to pull his sleeves up and get his head in the game. what a waste.

Jono078

Referee
It was the same with the game they had against Panthers, he slaped Luke Rooney just because a team mate saved a try.....it was just so stupid and he is lowering others confidence.

t-ba

Post Whore
He's on his last chance with the Club. I don't think he'll be an Eagle in 2005.

joshreading

Staff member
Actually I thought his hits were the best entertainment in the game, I think they shoudl reward players for pulling off big hits.

i agree i thought it was best peformance by any player out there what about that hit on tslouous the prop then the thing he did when he got up he was pumped good on ya hop keep it up

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
He has been defending well the last couple of weeks. Smashed Waterhouse and Pritchard last week and also pulled a few hits off against the Eels yesterday.

t-ba

Post Whore
Shame he does the most idiotic things ever.

He's great entertainment for opposition fans and a super liability for us. He should be on the market this year if any of you want him in your side.

Langers

Juniors
He is great entertainment but can be a liability in defence. He certainly revs up the boys though. One of our biggest problems is that bar Hicks and Stewart the rest of our backs can't tackle to save themselves.

Saint 60

Juniors
its gunner be funny when Hopa runs into somebody who can actually fight...?

hope i got the tape on :clap:

------------------------------

i bet on football
y do most refs cost me money lol

supersoniceagle

Juniors
His agression is not his problem, that's how he plays, but it's the silly niggle things he does which ruins it. It's a shame because I think he is a great player and provides great entertainment

MEE

Juniors
He seems to have his own agendas during some games and doesn't play for the team. As sonic said he needs to control the aggresion.

His hit on Tsoulos was awesome though which should of led to a try but the referee gave a penalty to Parra :roll:

Latest posts