What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Lang adding value.

Dave Q

Coach
With 3 from 3 and a 100% success rate, Lang's contribution as an assistant/consultant has been nothing short of outstanding.

Take a bow Richo and management.

Post your Johnny Lang stories/comments here:

rabs

Staff member
as the old saying goes, two heads are better than one
managing a football team at this level is a massive assignment: every team has their assistants/consultants and it's probably the one oversight that existed in the new era of the bunnies.

Dave Q

Coach
Isnt it 3 from 4? i thought u guys signed him b4 ur last loss.

In the initial week, he went through an induction and familiarisation period, such as interviewing every player in the squad, meeting staff etc.

He said himself that there were things he needed to learn before he could advise.

Last edited:

Sood

Juniors
In the initial week, he went through an induction and familiarisation period, such as interviewing every player in the squad, meeting staff etc.

He said himself that there were things he needed to learn before he could advise.

Fair enough.

How typical, souths need another former rooster to get back on track. ;-)

Dave Q

Coach
as the old saying goes, two heads are better than one
managing a football team at this level is a massive assignment: every team has their assistants/consultants and it's probably the one oversight that existed in the new era of the bunnies.

He's a splendid stand-alone coach in his own right.

The improvement in the boys has been quite dramatic, I couldnt put all of that in the hands of Lang... as we have been blooding these stellar young blokes.

But Souths insiders tell me that he has been a crucial part of the revival.

In my era, the only Souths sides that I can remember who would have capable of pulling off that extraordinary win last night would have been 2007, 1994 and 1989.

This courage that weve seen over the last few weeks its been tremendous, its restoring the faith and trust of fans and members alike.

Wingy said that the boys have really lifted in training after these wins. He said the atmosphere is very positive, thats theres a 'can-do' feel about the place.

Thats been missing since the pre-season.

rabs

Staff member
He's a splendid stand-alone coach in his own right.

The improvement in the boys has been quite dramatic, I couldnt put all of that in the hands of Lang... as we have been blooding these stellar young blokes.

But Souths insiders tell me that he has been a crucial part of the revival.

In my era, the only Souths sides that I can remember who would have capable of pulling off that extraordinary win last night would have been 2007, 1994 and 1989.

This courage that weve seen over the last few weeks its been tremendous, its restoring the faith and trust of fans and members alike.

Wingy said that the boys have really lifted in training after these wins. He said the atmosphere is very positive, thats theres a 'can-do' feel about the place.

Thats been missing since the pre-season.

absolutely Dave, the last 3 games have all been ugly but winners, gee I hope everything clicks this week against the dogs and we hammer them
as you mention the 2007 side showed the grit and JT himself said after the Gold Coast game it was great to see that quality return
Lang has no doubt been a big help but JT still has my vote as head coach

Dave Q

Coach
As you suggested Rabs, from a coaching perspective, two minds are better than one.

As a coach, there is a lot of information you need to digest, process and then act upon ....so another mind must be a great help for JT.

As a coach, Lang has also won a premiership, i.e he knows what it takes. He continues to command a lot of respect out Penrith way and they are prettty hard task-masters.

I dont see it as competition between Lang and JT. Langs appointment has been set up to help JT not to compete with him.

And its working.

Hanscholo

Bench
If having some old bloke turn up to talk to people turns your season around as much as it has id highly doubt it. More like they learnt to run forward.

Zigwaa

Bench
He's doing something right.

Most notably, I don't know if Lang's had any influence, they are picking a good side with players the right positions.

Dave Q

Coach
I wouldnt care if we signed Jimmy Barnes as head coach...so long as we keep winning and playing like we give a damn.

Criswell

Juniors
There is simply no co-incidence in the 180 degree turnaround in attacking structure since lang has arrived. Sweeping movements, angles, decoy runneres etc etc.

we have gone from scoring 1-2 tries per game to 4-5.