What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JOHN MORRIS ON THE INTERCHANGE BENCH....

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Parraren said:
One question. Why should Morris have to make way for Thorman? This is just ridiculous people. Why are some of you following the line that we must only have 2 playmakers on the park at any one time? I think it's crap. It's a Brian Smith brain explosion that so far has failed and will continue to fail. Get a real 5/8 in the side and stop piss farting around with this 2 locks rubbish. I've had enough of it.

I don't think that to many of us suscribe to the one playmaker theory.

Most of us agree with you, and we need a "conventional" 5/8.

After seeing how well it worked for the Aussies against NZ, I don't think we have the right team formula.

I think we need to get Dykes out to the position, where he has played all his life.

Redback71

First Grade
i was spewin when i heard morris was on the bench :twisted:
like has soon has he come on we get a try that he set up

Parraren

Bench
eels2win said:
Eelectrica said:
Parraren said:
:lol: That is gold! :lol:

Next weeks side?

6. Wagon
7. Widders
13. Muspratt

:lol:
I know of at least one person who would think that's a wonderful idea :lol:

Don't forget to add 9. Hopkins

Sh!t guys, I think we're onto something. Forget 2 locks or 3 locks [-X , i'm thinkin we get as many locks as we can possibly fit into the side! We need to play all our locks in the key playmaking positions - 1, 6, 7, 9 & 13 and then as many extra locks in the remaining positions as well :idea: It's a premiership winning strategy surely...

1. O'Dwyer (Fullback Lock)
2. Burt
3. Mateo (Centre Lock)
4. Pai (Centre Lock)
5. Grothe
6. Wagon (5/8 Lock & Captain)
7. Widders (Half Lock)
8. Stapleton
9. Hopkins (Hooker Lock)
10. Vella
11. Hindmarsh
12. Muckert (2nd Row Lock)
13. Muspratt (Lock Lock)

The Colonel

Immortal
Actually save O'Dwyer who is injured at the moment that backline from 2 - 5 wouldn't look too bad next week.....

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Too many of those locks could get confused as attacking options... I reckon we go after the game's premier defensive lock, Ricketson, just to give the comp a clear signal.

I was willing to give the 2 locks experiment some time to find its feet, but it's just not working. The successful teams are using a playmaker at 5/8. Lockyer at 5/8 works. The Warriors just moved Jones to 5/8 and that seems to have paid off immediately. Wagon at 5/8 does not work, and it's not like we have creative playmakers unavailable... there's plenty in the shadows, and especially with the injury deficit in the forwards, the message should be loud and clear. We should have just the one lock... Wagon. He is actually our best option at lock and far from our best option at 5/8.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Mateo and Pai have been playing well. I just can't wait for Foi to return and maybe the forwards will see what going forward in attack and strong defence is like.

That 5/8 position needs to be filled by a play maker. Morris at 5/8 and Thorman at Lock is a good option. Personally I thought that they would sub a lock for Morris and leave Thorman on. He played alright but the team just looked like they hadn't met before the night.

My next Parramatta team would look thus.

1. McKinnon
2. Burt
3. Wagon
4. Langi
5. Grothe
6. Morris
7. Dykes
13. Hopkins
12. Stapleton
11. Hindmarsh
10. Tsoulos
9. Thorman