What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johns round four verdict

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
SYDNEY ROOSTERS v PARRAMATTA:

Roosters:
You have to give it to Freddy here, he has stood his dig in relation to big Willie and Nate Myles and, given the adversity, it wouldn't be a surprise to see the team rally. There are high hopes for Willie's replacement Frank-Paul Nuuausala.

Eels:
Have Weller Hauraki back from suspension but they have to find the intensity for 80 minutes to consistently win games. Were average for all but the final 10 minutes against the Raiders and desperately need more variation around the ruck. Might not be much in this one.

strider

Post Whore
well thats just talking us down - we were good for at least 20 minutes ffs :lol:

spiderdan

Bench
it's probably a fair comment about us but consistency in winning? we have two from three. only one side has done better so far.

the intensity for 80 mins every week would be good though. although the side has shown, even in the loss to the warriors, that they won't throw the towel in when we're down. that (as well as fitness) is what really stands out by comparison to the last couple of seasons so far.

Eels Dude

Coach
From what I recall we scored our 3 comeback tries NOT in the last 10 minutes but between the 58th to 72nd minute or around that. Maybe Johns should watch games before he comments.

caylo

Bench
From what I recall we scored our 3 comeback tries NOT in the last 10 minutes but between the 58th to 72nd minute or around that. Maybe Johns should watch games before he comments.

absolutly correct, it was actually the 61-71st minutes out 3 tries where scored in. Our last 20 minutes was good in attack, I think for about 50 min (0-50min mark) we were superb in defence. They started to get on top of us after that, until Hayne put us on the front foot with his intercept.

blx

Juniors
LOL @ those who get upset over someone's review then comeback and post like its a personal attack :lol:

"maybe he should of taught us that..." rah rah rah...

HE'S RIGHT!!!

We are such a boring side to watch when it comes to plays around the ruck!

Our forwards are so predictable it isnt funny.

The amount of times we neglected to put pressure on the opposition defence on the last tackle was bordering on insanity!

catch ball, run straight, get tackled, play the ball
kick ball deep into their half, defend, get ball back

repeat.................

BORING! :crazy:

even Matteo adhered to this "gameplan"

BORING!

come on little parra supporters go off ya narnar's at me for speaking the truth.

We will not be a premiership threat until guys like Matteo, Krisnan and Jarrod start getting creative around the ruck and out wide because our forwards dont even look interested in creative play to create opportunities.

and Matt Keating... Pfft... dont even get me started on him!

i think the keys are :

1. The 3 guys i mentioned (Hayne, Inu and Matteo) lift a cog start creating some havoc around the rucks and general play like they did a few years ago.

2. Hindmarsh, Moi Moi and Cayless to remain injury free.

3. Burty to lock in FB and give it a good shake.

This isnt happening (which is ok for now) but when the pointy and of the season comes round i hope the boys are on the up and up by then otherwise i might have to detonate on these pages once more :p

Suitman

Post Whore
kick ball deep down fullbacks throat, defend, get ball back

repeat.................

Fixed it up for you. ;-)

Suity

fanaticeel

Juniors
Its easy..kick to the pigeons...except just about every game is at night these days..where are the damn pigeons!:crazy: