What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johns Wants To Be Back For SOO1

thuganomics

Coach
Imagine Johns comming back one week before origin. Dominates. Gets picked in Blues and Dominates Origin.

Now that will be cool....yet unlikley.

antonius said:
Wonder what happened to the "I'M not worrying about rep footy, I'm more interested in getting the Knights back on track" Statement.

I don't understand the negativity.

We want him to recover quickly, don't we? And when he does, we want him to play to the best of his ability, don't we? If coming back in time and playing well enough means he gets selected for Origin, then so be it.

I personally cannot see a conflict of interest between club and representative football. Representative football is the glittering event that it is only because of the presence of the very best club players. Club football can only truly excel because all who play them aspire to be on the stage at the representative level. What right do we have to pass judgement on a player's - if he is able and willing enough - fervent wish to play for his state?

Origin is the pinnacle and if a player in the penultimate year of his football career still aspires to that height and uses it as a motivation to return time and again to his old, often impossibly high standards, why shouldn't we applaud his resilience and tenacity?

He has my blessings at least.

antonius

Coach
Hunter of the SNARK said:
antonius said:
Wonder what happened to the "I'M not worrying about rep footy, I'm more interested in getting the Knights back on track" Statement.

I don't understand the negativity.

We want him to recover quickly, don't we? And when he does, we want him to play to the best of his ability, don't we? If coming back in time and playing well enough means he gets selected for Origin, then so be it.

I personally cannot see a conflict of interest between club and representative football. Representative football is the glittering event that it is only because of the presence of the very best club players. Club football can only truly excel because all who play them aspire to be on the stage at the representative level. What right do we have to pass judgement on a player's - if he is able and willing enough - fervent wish to play for his state?

Origin is the pinnacle and if a player in the penultimate year of his football career still aspires to that height and uses it as a motivation to return time and again to his old, often impossibly high standards, why shouldn't we applaud his resilience and tenacity?

He has my blessings at least.
The point I was making was ....Johns when he returned at the start of the season stated he wasn't worrying about rep footy, his main aim was to get the Knights back on track and repay the faith they had shown in him, that he had been paid a lot of money by the club, and he owed them. He gets injured on Sunday and the first statement we get is he wants to be fit to play Origin in game 1. I just find that puzzling.

Latest posts