What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johns: Worst ever sport in the history of rugby league?/ Biggest sook

Kiwi

First Grade
Red and Blue Knight said:
Actually no i would not at all, i wouldn't pag a player for something so pathetic. For all you know something personal could have happened, you just don't know.

It was bad off him, i'll admit that but the thing is it's not the point - you's are nitpicking to bag him as much as possible.

Just like you with Lockyer, laying the boot in every chance you get.

RABK

Referee
Bagging Lockyer for a bad Origin performance? Heaven forbid!!!

If you could read you would have seen the raps i gave Lockyer after his great performance against us after the Anzac test. I was also one that branded the bagging of his "raper" joke pathetic.

phonetic

Juniors
The point is Lockyer, Barrett etc wouldn't do what Johns did last night.

Barrett cops a lot of crap, but carries himself pretty well. I can't recall him playing the hissy fit merchant when things don't go his way, whereas Johns has it downpat. Of course Barrett is prone to the odd brain snap on the field, but in terms of copping a loss or a bad performance on the chin, he does it with dignity.

Same can be said for Lockyer.. carries himself very well.

Joey needs to take the good with the bad. He is a cocky prick when things are going his way... when he is being dominated he's quick to brandish the sour grapes.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Dragons2005 said:
kleenex joey?

i was at the game when the knights hammered the dragons at WIN stadium. he was all cheers running around the field like a cocky bastard. i didnt see Barrett run off the field without going around and congratulating the knights players.
Sure he hung his head when it came time to walk off.
Knights players were saying johns did shake hands with the dragons players lol mate he was gone cos there was a quick camera shot of him leaving straight away..
loser :)
This whole thread is a classic case of having potshots at Joey wherever possible. Joey DID SHAKE HANDS with the Dragons players last night. There was meant to be a scrum packing down with about 20 seconds remaining, but the players had had enough. From that point, with 20 seconds left, the players starting shaking hands (including Joey because I actually saw him do it). The siren then went, then Joey headed straight for the sheds. The remaining 16 players then did their warm down lap. Obviously Joey probably should have stayed with them. But I assure you 100% he did shake hands.

innsaneink

Referee
Actually no i would not at all, i wouldn't pag a player for something so pathetic. For all you know something personal could have happened, you just don't know.

It was bad off him, i'll admit that but the thing is it's not the point - you's are nitpicking to bag him as much as possible.

Vossy gave Hagan a chance to offer any explanation....he had none.

Voss: "We'd talk to Andrew johns but he's beat a hasty retreat".

Hagan: "People deal with a loss their own way"

Poor form.

Kiwi

First Grade
Bagging Lockyer for a bad Origin performance? Heaven forbid!!!

If you could read you would have seen the raps i gave Lockyer after his great performance against us after the Anzac test. I was also one that branded the bagging of his "raper" joke pathetic.

We are not talking a bad joke here though. We are talking a player you claim as a great leader throwing tantrums after losses, storming off, showing no sportsmanship after matches unless he wins and setting a bad example to younger team mates and fans.

Special K

Coach
great sport - remember this hissy fit that cost him the dally m?

903.jpg

Bernster

Juniors
Now you all know why I think he is more like Shane Warne's long lost brother than anything else...lol

jayman

Juniors
hes a mad player and all.. and u cant but stand in awe of some the sh*t he does..

but srsly... ure gonna loose games every so often...there leading the comp.. and its a tight one too.. so ure not invincible

iam sure if one us parra players did that.. the media would be all over it and it be plastered on the back page for the rest of the week...ud expect something like that from tim smith rather than andrew johns..

lets see if he does that when brian goes there.. iam sure brian will rip into him regardless if hes the might joey or a reserve player..

edabomb

First Grade
Wouldn't the NRL be so much fun if we had 300 Pete Sampras clones spread across the competition.

He has done some dumb stuff (funniest was his handshake with intent in the 2000 semis), but I don't think any less of him as a player for it. Quite a few do, even to the extent of rating Lockyer over him :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
JOEY ISN'T A VICTIM FFS!!!!

God dammit boys, get over Joey. He isn't a saint, he isn't above anything. He DOES have the mentality that he is. His actions in leaving the ground last night were nothing short of cowardice. ZERO sportsmanship.

RABK - you're excusing yourself for bagging Lockyer's sh*thouse attempts at pretending to be a footballer on Wednesday, but when the coin is flipped and the same is said about your precious Joey, you're like a freakin moth to a flame. Calm the f**k down!

petetheileet

First Grade
Not one of the worst sports in history, but can be a disillusioned fool at times;
"listen to the crowed mate" must go down as one of the stupidest quotes this year, in regards to a dubious decision. Im sure the 22,000 crowd up in Newcastle are all full informed of the rules of the game and aren't biased at all Joey!

RABK

Referee
Timmah said:
JOEY ISN'T A VICTIM FFS!!!!

God dammit boys, get over Joey. He isn't a saint, he isn't above anything. He DOES have the mentality that he is. His actions in leaving the ground last night were nothing short of cowardice. ZERO sportsmanship.

RABK - you're excusing yourself for bagging Lockyer's sh*thouse attempts at pretending to be a footballer on Wednesday, but when the coin is flipped and the same is said about your precious Joey, you're like a freakin moth to a flame. Calm the f**k down!

Excuse me, i'll be the first to say Johns is in poor form and had a bad game you f**king idiot. What i am against is the bagging off him for not doing the post match interview, he shook hands wiht Saints, that's all he needed to do.

RufusRex

Post Whore
Great player ... Total Pillock ...

He is probably pissed that for once the $1000 channel 9 MOM didnt go his way ...

Joey is no longer the golden child .. he was up against a team with the new golden child and got spanked ... Time to head to the UK joey and take your tantrums with you.

drake

First Grade
Is it true that Paul Kent gave Johns 3 points for last night?

Did he watch the game or just guess?

RABK

Referee
If he did that's a joke.

Buderus was our best by a mile and he was maybe the 8th best player on the park.

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
What's new? Joey's never really been able to take a loss well - particularly when he's played badly. Him storming off after the match is supposed to be newsworthy because...?

No one claims that he's one of the sport's gentlemen, or a paragon of noble behaviour. He's a poor loser. We all know that. His value as a leader stems from his ability to lift the mood of his team mates when they're not going so well - to not give up. Not from the example he presents of sportsmanship, or off-field heroics. Look at his reaction to Warrington's loss last year.

For the record, though, he did shake hands with the Dragons players. I was there, and was watching.

Bernster

Juniors
Well I must admit...I hate loosing as much as Johns does...Especcially to a team of Netball Pansies like the Raiders (maybe they should talk to a certain Opals player about converting...lol)

greeneyed

First Grade
They didn't seem like "netball pansies" tonight when they again beat the "Cowboys".... Cowboys lose yet again to the Raiders.... have a look at the record between the clubs before you go mouthing off...

Raider_69

Post Whore
Bernster said:
Well I must admit...I hate loosing as much as Johns does...Especcially to a team of Netball Pansies like the Raiders (maybe they should talk to a certain Opals player about converting...lol)

your a twat, eat my carney's 40 metre feild goal you sour prick

Raiders, forever owning the Cowboys :cool: