What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johns

RABK

Referee
I've got a feeling 06 is it for him.

We all know he seems to be lacking heart, motivation and passion ATM.

He's getting married, perhaps he's had enough and wants to start life after football. The third Origin, i'll near guarantee he'll play.

He was asked if he's available by Vossy - "Na i'll stick to my decision" He then shows his fingers crossed.

PrideKnight

Bench
Red and Blue Knight said:
He was asked if he's available by Vossy - "Na i'll stick to my decision" He then shows his fingers crossed.

and i don't think that was meant to be shown

Jono078

Referee
I think this will be his last year unfortunetly and I think he will definetely play Origin 3, I predicted it awhile ago and I think it will come true in around 3 weeks. Hopefully it doesnt affect the Knights too much.

strewth_mate

Bench
News of him and his fiancee, great as it was, never sounded good for his long term viability in league. He said they'd tie the knot after he finishes, and you'd think he'd consider not playing an extra couple of years.

I'd be thrilled to see him go around again in Origin, but happier to see him go around another year and I don't think both would happen if next year was on the cards. I do think next year will be his last, fingers crossed, so to speak.

macavity

Referee
I will be disappointed if he plays origin and not 07 for us.

very very disappointed.

as much as I want the blues to win, I want to see joey go at least another year much much more.

Doctor

Bench
He only just extended his contract last year. I hope he isn't considering changing his mind. I guess my main concern is the Knights -- they're banking on him being there. We'll plummet quickly next year if he goes, I'd almost put money on it. Without Johns, and with Mullen still finding his feet, we're in no-mans-land for a couple of years.

No doubt the backline will improve with Thaiday, Uate, Tighe and Hinton all pushing through, but I worry about the halves until Mullen and Walsh (if ever) establish themselves in first grade.

It's too early to say what will happen, but marriage does strange things to people's priorities. I suspect Johns is probably thinking pretty seriously about all his options. Here's hoping the game doesn't lose him that quickly.

Alex28

Coach
If he plays Origin and then retires at the end of the year...then any faith I had in the man is gone.

I would hope that he isn't that self centered...

B-dos

Referee
I agree with you Alex. The combo of playing origin and retiring at the end of the year would deal a huge blow to the respect i and many others have for the man.

I wont be too upset if he plays origin, but to bail out with a year on his contract will be the final straw.

Same considering his contracted for 2 more years after this 1 to the club it would be the biggest backstabbing of a lifetime if he left.

He must play next year or we will be dreadful simple as that, if he doesnt pay the club the courtesy of atleast giving us 18 months to chase a replacement/or plan for life without him.... Its unforgiveable if he doesnt.

And considering the money the blokes on from us and 3rd party sponsership, his sweet channel 9 deal I dont care if his tired the fact that he cant pull his head and play as well as he is being payed to do so and has the ability to do so is a disgrace.

B-dos

Referee
Same considering his contracted for 2 more years after this 1 to the club

Ah really.. I thought he was signed to the end of 07. My mistake...

And considering the money the blokes on from us and 3rd party sponsership, his sweet channel 9 deal I dont care if his tired the fact that he cant pull his head and play as well as he is being payed to do so and has the ability to do so is a disgrace.

Exactly what i said to my mates last night.

08.... Penned it last year.

Why the f**k he did it, and why the club signed him to it when his having trouble managing his injuries as is???? - The club probably assumed he'd be like old pipes and improve with age :(

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Sir Knight82 said:
08.... Penned it last year.

Why the f**k he did it, and why the club signed him to it when his having trouble managing his injuries as is???? - The club probably assumed he'd be like old pipes and improve with age :(

The deal was made that if he plays those seasons he's paid for them. If he retires early, he doesn't get paid.

Still though my point is, is that his a champion of a player but even champions have to retire or be retired....

I am dubious about him being able to back up next season, I am positive he wont back up the season after that.

I just hope the club is going in the right direction and not still relying on him, when theres a good chance that he wont be there.

Yosh

Coach
well i dead set hope he plays origin 3. i mean guys sure the knights will get owned by manly but its origin. i dead set reakon its worth it. sure we might not be minor premiers, but the last two times we won the premiership we wernt minor premiers so that shouldnt really bother anyone.

however i would like to see johns play one more year. if we have smith coming in, that fairliegh guy leaving, johns leaving, smith leaving and midley leaving its too much change for a team to handle i think. we definatly need johns for one more year to hold the team together, stabilize everything then when mullens, finally gets to play a whole year at no.6, then we should let him go.

Wasnt the lesson of the test enough?

Deadset his appalling form reached its peak after he head to back up after playing that... Why do it again after his just had a break.

Knights are paramount.

miladi

Juniors
Bring it home Knights said:
The deal was made that if he plays those seasons he's paid for them. If he retires early, he doesn't get paid.

And it could just be that he has realised that his body is not up to 2 more years. He has struggled the past few years and incurred injury after injury. Maybe he would prefer choosing his time and not having the time choose him.

Latest posts