What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Join the Red & Black Army

for all the decent, down to earth and sane Bears Supporters.......unfortunately for you ladies and gents, imo a team on the coast will not work, if it has any ties to any Sydney Club, present or past......the Northern Eagles tried it and the crowds stayed away in droves........any new team will have to start from scratch, with a new logo, name and colours

Now for trackhead ronny.....suck sh*t you piece of trash the bears are dead and buried, never to return.........oh yeah by the way, who are the 2008 Premiers, and what was the score.......thats right The Mighty Manly "smash the bearscum" Warringah and the score 40 - 0, read record winning margin you tool

MayMoo

Juniors
for all the decent, down to earth and sane Bears Supporters.......unfortunately for you ladies and gents, imo a team on the coast will not work, if it has any ties to any Sydney Club, present or past......the Northern Eagles tried it and the crowds stayed away in droves........any new team will have to start from scratch, with a new logo, name and colours

Now for trackhead ronny.....suck sh*t you piece of trash the bears are dead and buried, never to return.........oh yeah by the way, who are the 2008 Premiers, and what was the score.......thats right The Mighty Manly "smash the bearscum" Warringah and the score 40 - 0, read record winning margin you tool

Jizzer,

Your grammar is a little better, but your message is still garbage.

Jizzer,

Your grammar is a little better, but your message is still garbage.

face the facts......unfortunately the bears are dead and buried.....me personally, i would like to see them back, as the old Manly and Norths battles were awesome.....but it wont happen, now you and trackhead run off and chair the dead bears society meetings

t-ba

Post Whore
All For it.

Eagles v Bears would put any other sports rivalry in this country to shame if the Bears were resurrected.

Moo and trackhead i will leave this thread alone as i dont want to hijack it and turn it into another manly vs norths free for all, we will have to agree to disagree.......i just had a look at your site it looks good........good luck with it all

Red Bear

Referee
All For it.

Eagles v Bears would put any other sports rivalry in this country to shame if the Bears were resurrected.
Damn right it would

Central coast mariners vs newcastle jets? Pffft
West coast vs Swans? hahaha
Brisbane vs Gold Coast? Bitch Please

Bears vs Manly was, is and always has been the best rivalry around. My dad goes starry eyed talking about the old days of Norths vs Manly, how good it was when the Bears won (as rare as it was).

Still cant get ahead of myself. Long way before we can possibly get back into the NRL. Unlikely tho

Perth Red

Post Whore
Damn right it would

Central coast mariners vs newcastle jets? Pffft
West coast vs Swans? hahaha
Brisbane vs Gold Coast? Bitch Please

Please, the WCvFremantle game sells out months in advance. Would a regular season ManlyvBears game draw 40,000 three times a season?

MsStorm

Bench
Stop bickering amongst yourselves and think of the code. Some of you sound like you work for the NRL/ARL.

Expand the comp to 18 teams, Perth is definately a must.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good luck Bears fans, I know we may be in direct competition if they only go for one spot but like us I know you are passionate about your team and want to see it back in the top flight. Hopefully it won't come to it but if it does may the best bid win!!

No. not until there are less sydney teams. once sydney clubs are at least averaging over 20000 a game, there shouldnt be anymore sydney teams otherwise the game is going to continue to struggle.

T to the T

Juniors
No. not until there are less sydney teams. once sydney clubs are at least averaging over 20000 a game, there shouldnt be anymore sydney teams otherwise the game is going to continue to struggle.

The Bears will be a Central Coast team and not a Sydney side:? Can't let anymore Sydney teams go-under/merge at the moment with the AFL tanks parked on the front lawn. It's imperative that we sure up the defences and righting one of the last wrongs to the SL War by admitting the Bears will be a good way of ensuring the codes survival/competitiveness.

Tommax25

Bench
Poor Manly scum. Deserted Brookvale and their fans for Gosford when they were broke - now resent the Bears regaining what was rightfully theirs.

Tough when you don't have Arkhole running the comp to suit Manly.

enjoy manlys run to the premiership this year?:lol:

Brycey

Juniors
The Bears will be a Central Coast team and not a Sydney side:? Can't let anymore Sydney teams go-under/merge at the moment with the AFL tanks parked on the front lawn. It's imperative that we sure up the defences and righting one of the last wrongs to the SL War by admitting the Bears will be a good way of ensuring the codes survival/competitiveness.
Doesnt matter. If CC people were wanting to watch live football so much they'd be making the hour long train trip to any 8 teams they can watch. There are people in other areas that are starved for top flight RL, not that you Sydney-centric folk care, as long as you have a team within a 25km radius everything is all good.

brendothejet

First Grade
Doesnt matter. If CC people were wanting to watch live football so much they'd be making the hour long train trip to any 8 teams they can watch. There are people in other areas that are starved for top flight RL, not that you Sydney-centric folk care, as long as you have a team within a 25km radius everything is all good.

Come on mate, you telling me that the people of the CC should be going down the coast everytime they wanna watch a game? Bit rich really.

I think the CC is a great place for a team and i don't believe it comes at the expense of either an old sydney club or the prospect of a club in perth, queensland, or NZ.

If we take away any more sydney clubs the fans will just revolt. They are already sad because so many fans lost their team (Bears, Saint, Balmain, magpies and to a lesser extent Steelers.)

Everytime the game has been forced to take a hit it has been at the expense of a sydney side. IMO if it is good enough for the AFL to have 8 or 9 teams in Melbourne and a franchise or 2 in the other states there is no reason why we can't.

Also, with the AFL marshalling its troops on the NSW border cold war style we would be foolish to take defenses away from Sydney. Our solution to the problem can't just be, "retreat back to stronger ground in Queensland" Because in 20 years we will be watching the Queensland Cup, featuring the Sydney team.

The Bears movement carries a lot of passion and would bring a lot of people back to the game of rugby league, not just for one team, but for the game as a whole.

Loudstrat

Coach

You have NFI. The only teams within 1 hr of Gosford (the southern entry to the CC) are Canterbury, Souffs and the Chooks. Quite simply, they have no decent team within coo-ee. Go the other way, and there's the Knights.

Yep - having a team within a 25km radius is a blessing for Sydneysiders, who also have a million people within that radius.

These arguments are simple. Shows your level of intelligence by not understanding them.