What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joining a tackle

NPK

Bench
Is it possible to join in a tackle when in defence?
When I am playing in defence and an AI player from my team tackles the ball carrier and they are standing up wrestling, I have often tried to change player and bring in a second player into the tackle to get the ball carrier on the ground to stop him from offloading. This has never worked for me...have any of you guys managed to do this?

P.J.

Juniors
I have done it sometimes, but I think I changed to the A1 player when he was joining the tackle. I've tried to get another person in too, but I run right through the player.

TripleM

Juniors
Sure, I get this to work all the time.. some tackles won't allow you to bring in a second guy, but those tackles usually don't allow offloads either. I just run the guy up and press tackle..

NPK

Bench
This is something that should be implemented in the next version - the ability to join in tackles. Also, if you come in too late, you concede a penalty.

Arnie

Juniors
TripleM said:
Sure, I get this to work all the time.. some tackles won't allow you to bring in a second guy, but those tackles usually don't allow offloads either. I just run the guy up and press tackle..

i think you're right on that one TripleM, i think the times where you cant join in yourself after the AI has made the tackle is when the gameplay has identified that the tackle has been completed even though the ball carrier is still standing up and struggling - its just that they wont be able to offload...what i do in that situation is hit S repeatedly and more often than not it'll give enough aggression and instead of standing there like they're doing a little dance, the AI tackler will pull him to the ground

NPK

Bench
Does pushing 'sprint' during a tackle that an AI player is making have any effect on the tackle? Or does that only add aggression to a tackle you made yourself?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
u can only join a tackle if it hasnt been completed i.e. the attacker is able to offload or is breaking out of the tackle. I also have a feeling that u cant have more than 2 defenders actually making contact at once. I say this on the basis that some players like minichielo are able to stand and struggle out of tackles whilst several of your players are holding him and then when u try and go in it wont let you, but then when one of the defenders drops off, you can join in

Latest posts