What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jones available for Tri-Nations Test

ozbash

Referee
freaky, you cant blame stace and his mrs wanting the baby to be born in nz.
that is one valid reason to step aside from the greatest honour - the jersey.

you will have to think up something new, stace has shown his nationalistic pride,, with knobs on.

there are a couple of potential replacements for the WGHB, perenara, lueluai,.

there is a nice difference here actually,, stacey says he,ll play - the kiwi fans say "yay"
when langer made his 347th comeback , the aussie fans said "oh no "

kinda nice feeling really.

Langer had nearly a decade on Stacy and he was still willing to put his hand up to play rep football.

And Langer had achieved a thousand times more than Jones has.

As for the Baby....I give him three days.

Its happened in the past. Infact didnt George Gregan leave a tour, saw his baby being born and then come back to be ready for the next game?

Or....do we just give Stacey his 378th pass?

Scott

Bench
How the hell can Jones achieve anywhere near what Langer did? Langer is an Aussie, Jones is not.

Dickhead

I didnt realise only Australian could achieve things in Rugby League.

I'll let Adrian Morley know he's been breaking the rules over the last few years. :roll:

Stacey only came out of retirement for this series to answer an SOS from the team anyway after a lot of our alternatives were ruled out. And now he's agreed to go to England because pretty much the only other player left in the squad who can play halfback (Lance Hohaia) is injured. I don't really see how someone can say that his decision to help out his country is anything less than admirable...

screeny

Bench
If NZ lose against GB they'll be worse off for having played Stacey. A new HB will have to come into the second Test and produce the goods in a must win situation. Surely it would be better to field the HB McClennan intends using in both tests?

Iafeta

Referee
dingalingbell said:
I seem to remember Webcke being asked if he'd come back to play in Origin 3 2005 and he said a resounding 'no' as he said it would be percieved to be cherry picking his games for his state, he said it wouldn't be fair on the other blokes vying for the spot and it would be disrespecting the jersey. Its a shame that Jones couldn't have shown the same respect for the Kiwi jersey.

Bit different, don't you think?

On one hand you have a hoard of front rowers coming through for Queensland, on the other hand you have probably the single most important position in any rugby league team and not a player within bulls roar of organising a cake raffle let alone the team coming through.

I'm sure if some other Kiwi halfbacks had come through, as Stacey did at the back end of Gary Freeman's career he'd be left alone to retire without the constant cynicism or constant badgering to play on.

dingalingbell

Juniors
Iafeta said:
Bit different, don't you think?

On one hand you have a hoard of front rowers coming through for Queensland, on the other hand you have probably the single most important position in any rugby league team and not a player within bulls roar of organising a cake raffle let alone the team coming through.

I'm sure if some other Kiwi halfbacks had come through, as Stacey did at the back end of Gary Freeman's career he'd be left alone to retire without the constant cynicism or constant badgering to play on.

yeah fair one mate, suppose there is no viable alternative, but wont do the Kiwi side much good if they make the final and hohaia is not fit. can't even think who they'll play there if they do make it.

Latest posts