What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Dugan... looks slow

Highland Saint

Juniors
Poor bastard is boxed in 80 minutes inside our 10 every game. No chance for his big kick returns and the slow ruck speed means no broken field for him to bust through. We have an all star backline absolutely suffocating behind our forwards. These are competitive driven playes unable to use their skillset. I'd expect to see them becoming disinterested

Coffs dragon

Bench
He looks busted to me and maybe too much emphasis on getting a NSW jersey. If Hayne gets the nod and Josh misses out then I suspect he will be out injured for a while and perhaps disinterested if peanut price is still incharge.

TheRev

First Grade
He looks busted to me and maybe too much emphasis on getting a NSW jersey. If Hayne gets the nod and Josh misses out then I suspect he will be out injured for a while and perhaps disinterested if peanut price is still incharge.
Its a huge concern, managing his mental state is the key to getting this kid to perform (i.e. price has no chance)..

I personally think Hayne is better as the NSW Right Centre anyway, but the only reason Dugan would be called up is as an incumbent, he has shown very little this year in his limited gametime for the Dragons.

Mr Red

First Grade
Dugan clearly not ready for origin.
I would pick Brett Stewart at fullback with hayne at right centre, Jennings left centre. Morris brothers on each wing..

Dragons4lyf95

Juniors
With the coach we have it's only the players fault to a certain degree, with the lineup we have we should be well in the top 8 we've let the old go and brought new players with skill and who can play although we just continue to play the same as we have the last 3 years under price it's fair to say it's more prices fault then the players there has been no change what so ever to our game in the last 3 years it's just gotten worse and worse as time goes on

Dugan clearly not ready for origin.
I would pick Brett Stewart at fullback with hayne at right centre, Jennings left centre. Morris brothers on each wing..

No way, Hayne is currently the best fullback or perhaps the one in top form at the moment. Dugan will come good, he obviously has some issue with his fitness, not enough to rule him out of selection for the Dragons.

The Nick

Bench
From all reports he's put on a few kg's over the off season, his pace was always going to suffer. It's like weighing down a race horse and expecting it to run the same times?

Mr Red

First Grade
No way, Hayne is currently the best fullback or perhaps the one in top form at the moment. Dugan will come good, he obviously has some issue with his fitness, not enough to rule him out of selection for the Dragons.

No doubting Hayne is a great fullback, but I liked the look of him at centre for Australia , and defensively I think he has the size and strength to not only contain Inglis at origin when Inglis runs the ball, but also give Inglis a few headaches of his own defensively. Inglis will be left centre for Qld.

Josh Morris has proven ineffective against Inglis, but I still thinks his finishing skills earn him the wing spot.

Sujskiez

Juniors
No doubting Hayne is a great fullback, but I liked the look of him at centre for Australia , and defensively I think he has the size and strength to not only contain Inglis at origin when Inglis runs the ball, but also give Inglis a few headaches of his own defensively. Inglis will be left centre for Qld.

Josh Morris has proven ineffective against Inglis, but I still thinks his finishing skills earn him the wing spot.

This i agree with

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Mez would make a great captain

He would. I think Widdop would too. But I do like the Merrin option, may help to make him a one team man.

On the SOO fullback, surely NSW would be crazy not to have Brett Stewart in the team - he is definitely SOO quality. Hayne in centres, Morris twins wing. Dugan playing for Dragons.

st.phil

Bench
He would. I think Widdop would too. But I do like the Merrin option, may help to make him a one team man.

On the SOO fullback, surely NSW would be crazy not to have Brett Stewart in the team - he is definitely SOO quality. Hayne in centres, Morris twins wing. Dugan playing for Dragons.

Brett Stewart would get rag dolled in Origin - too small and kick returns are too weak, origin is about power.

getsmarty

Immortal
Dugan focused on Dragons

By MITCH JENNINGS

May 14, 2014, 9:03 p.m.

Josh Dugan says he is more worried about the Dragons' season than his Blues prospects. Picture: GETTY IMAGES

RUGBY LEAGUE

Incumbent NSW fullback Josh Dugan insists he's more concerned with getting the Dragons' season back on track than a one-on-one showdown with Parramatta star Jarryd Hayne.
The pair will oppose each other at Parramatta on Saturday in what's shaping as a head-to-head battle for the Blues No 1 jersey.
Hayne was in sublime touch on Monday, scoring two tries and laying on two more in the Eels' 42-24 flogging of Cronulla, but a strong performance from Dugan on Saturday could prompt NSW coach Laurie Daley to deploy the Eels superstar elsewhere in his Blues line-up.
Pundits are split on just who will get the nod at fullback but Dugan said he hasn't let the speculation distract him as his side looks to bounce back from a 38-6 thrashing at the hands of the Bulldogs on Sunday.
"I'm not too worried about that [Origin] at the moment," Dugan said.
"I think it's pretty much just media speculation. I haven't really heard too much from Loz (Daley) and I'm not too worried about it.
"If I got the chance I'd definitely grab it with both hands but I'm definitely more focused on playing good footy for the Dragons."
While keen to play down his selection chances, Dugan admitted the chance to come up against Hayne is one that he's relishing.
"It's going to be a good challenge and I'm always up for those sort of things," he said.
"I love playing against the big-name fullbacks and I enjoy that sort of challenge."
While Hayne's form may prove irresistible for NSW selectors, Dragons coach Steve Price expects his star fullback to mount a strong case for selection.
"Jarryd Hayne has been playing some really good football and prior to the weekend's game Josh Dugan had been doing really well for us," Price said.
"He'd openly admit there's been areas where he knows he can do better from the weekend's game. I've got all the confidence in Josh to put a really good performance in this weekend and really push for that No 1 spot in two weeks' time."
Hayne's versatility saw him mooted as a possible selection at fullback, wing, five-eighth and centre but Price is confident his charge could adapt if called upon to play out of his favoured fullback position.
"I couldn't see that being an issue. Apparently Josh played a bit of centre and wing coming through the grades down in Canberra," Price said.
"I've actually never put him in that scenario or position at club level, but he's a guy who can adjust and understand the game quite well depending on what Laurie and the coaching staff go with."
Dugan said he would welcome any Blues jumper no matter what number is on the back.
"I'd definitely put my hand up if that's [wing] where I was picked, but I'm not going to get my hopes up," he said.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/2282878/dugan-focused-on-dragons/?cs=302

reg_redv_legend

Juniors
would love to see duges in origin but i think hayne morris & taufua will be the back 3 selected which is good for us atm cos we sorely need any spark we can get