What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh McCrone Vs Mark McLinden

McCrone re-signs, eyes No 7 jersey

BY LEE GASKIN, RUGBY LEAGUE
21 Sep, 2011 03:29 PM

Josh McCrone says he’s up for the challenge of regaining the No 7 jersey after re-signing with the Canberra Raiders until 2014.
The 23-year-old signed a new two-year contract extension today despite having a season to run on his existing deal.
McCrone was one of the bright spots in an otherwise disappointing season for the 15th-placed Raiders, playing every game and leading the team around the park strongly at five-eighth.

But with injured star Terry Campese set to resume at five-eighth next season, McCrone and Williams, who burst on to the scene this year, will fight it out for the starting halfback position.
‘‘Any competition’s healthy for the club, it’s healthy for me, it’s going to make us both better players,’’ McCrone said.

‘‘I’m just happy we’re both here for extended periods.
‘‘I was always looking to do something before next season started, it’s good to have it done before pre-season started.
‘‘I was pretty happy to stay and we [McCrone and the Raiders] both agreed on terms pretty early.’’

Williams is signed with the Raiders until 2013.
Raiders assistant coach Andrew McFadden said McCrone’s impressive season had him marginally in front of Williams at this stage.
‘‘Physically he’s more ready, but that’s not to say it’s a certainty,’’ McFadden said.

‘‘The fact he’s been signed for the next three seasons is a good thing for him.’’ Meanwhile, McFadden confirmed he would remain at the Raiders as an assistant coach for next season.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/new...mccrone-resigns-eyes-no-7-jersey/2298862.aspx