What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Morris or Kyle Stanley?

?

• Total voters

God-King Dean

Immortal
Provided Cooper leaves at the end of 2011, who would you rather take over left centre?

(Tagive may also be in the running, but for now.....)

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Depends on how Stanley develops.

Morris has suffered from lack of ball at times as well, which is difficult to pin on where he is right now.

My guess is we should probably move to a:

1. Boyd
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Gasnier
5. Stanley

For 2011, if possible. I like Nightingale, but believe Stanley has greater potential.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
morris easy... stanly hasn't done anything yet
Last time I checked, J Morris is playing for Canterbury for the next year at least. That will give K Stanley plenty of time to make his mark.

J Morris left us for money elsewhere. Made your bed buddy. Kyle Stanley is the future.

Nah, seriously, I'll have them both.

Just see how it unfolds over the next 12 months.

RedVDave

First Grade
I recon the Morris twins would (obviously) be a lethal combination together could read each other's plays before they happen.

I would love to see Josh back but I doubt Canterbury would let him go therefore Stanley is the future.

hellteam

First Grade
Accidently voted Morris but I reckon Stanley.

Stanley has probably looked more impressive then Morris this year, plus you've already got one highly paid centre so you're probably better off spending the money that you would have to on Morris elsewhere.

Dragon Dave

Bench
110% Stanley. Josh Morris is a good player, we all know that, but the fact is he left to join Canterbury and is contracted for 2011. Kyle has scored 5 tries in 5 games and is a solid defender.

Kyle is 18 years old and is very versatile.

SFVD

First Grade
People forget Josh only left because we had Gasnier and Cooper, Morris wanted a starting centre spot and had to walk away.

To answer the question, I'd like to get both but for value for money if we could sign Kyle Stanley for 3+ years before the start of 2011 I'd rather that than 250K a year for Josh Morris. I think Kyle could blossom into something spectacular under Wayne Bennett, especially since he is at an impressionable age.

On a sidenote, isn't Kyles preferred spot 5/8?

dubopov

Coach
People forget Josh only left because we had Gasnier and Cooper, Morris wanted a starting centre spot and had to walk away.

To answer the question, I'd like to get both but for value for money if we could sign Kyle Stanley for 3+ years before the start of 2011 I'd rather that than 250K a year for Josh Morris. I think Kyle could blossom into something spectacular under Wayne Bennett, especially since he is at an impressionable age.

On a sidenote, isn't Kyles preferred spot 5/8?

i would take stanley x 10 ... he is a class above either morris ..

Wobbygong

First Grade
Watched Morris tonight against the sharks he was ordinary again his handling at present is poor I don't recall him ever making the amount of errors he's making at the cheats when he was at the dragons I think he's gone off his game a little personally I suppose if you lay down with dogs you wake up with fleas.

Ray Parlour

Juniors
Josh is having a terrible year. You can tell the bloke really doesn't want to be playing for those deadsh*ts and would rather be back at saints.

In relation to the question, i think Stanley must be in the starting squad somewhere. If he develops into a five-eighth then i'd gladly have Josh back in the centres. But if Wayne see's his long term future in the centre's then i cant see any room for Josh until Gaz leaves again.

St. Benny

Juniors
1. boyd
2. morris
3. morris
4. gasnier
5. nightingale
6. stanley
7. soward

that's what i would like to c

juanfarkall

Coach
Very different players.
The current version of NRL seems to suit a "more robust" back and from what I have seen Stanley seems to be making a good fist of things.
If I had to choose between the two based on what I have seen both players do so far this year I would keep Stanley

saintzrule

Juniors
Stanley. Versatile, no fuss and so young. Our first priority must be to what we already have, Morris walked and currently looks dreadful:)