What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joshua tree voted the best album of the 80s

GongPanther

Referee
I respect U2, but I can't stand their music.

And as influential as "The Joshua Tree" may have been, how is it a better album than "Thriller", "Ride The Lightning", or "Synchronicity "?
BBC lists of "anything" have always been puzzling. It's as if you get a top 40, and switch it inside out 3 times sideways. If you want top 100 album lists, I suggest the likes of NME, Rolling Stone, Billboard and Kerrang! (if it still exists) have always been the ones to go to.

Or simply do a search with "top 1,000,000 albums. :)

Last edited:

roofromoz

First Grade
I know it's a subjective list but I wouldn't put The Works as the best Queen album of the 1980s. It's a solid release but The Miracle is just solid gold from start to finish.

And... the... cover...

Queen_The_Miracle.png

Did freak me out a bit as a 10 year old when I first saw it.

I know it's a subjective list but I wouldn't put The Works as the best Queen album of the 1980s. It's a solid release but The Miracle is just solid gold from start to finish.

And... the... cover...

Queen_The_Miracle.png

Did freak me out a bit as a 10 year old when I first saw it.

This album is fantastic. I listen to it a lot and got it day of release in 1989.

The singles kick arse and the finale of Was It All Worth It is epic.

Rumours over the years there were a dozen songs trimmed from it too. Some demos floating out there. Decent stuff.

The Miracle and Innuendo show Queen were right on top even at the end.

T-Boon

Coach
Appetite For Destruction should be number 1.
It was more 80s than the others. More unique. More better.

Latest posts