What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JT on 2KY this morning

*Confirmed (what we all knew anyway) that Issac Luke not only will be with us in season 2010,but for a few more years on top of that as well.He said that Issac was pissed off with all the rumors surrounding this.
*Craig Wing has had three operations during the offseason and will start running in the next two weeks.
*JT said he has seen a big change in Frogs attitude since NZ won the World Cup.He said expect a big year from him.

He sounds pretty confident and i think the team will build of a bit of confidence. Im really looking forward to their traial matches and even more so to the begging of the season.

Franko

Juniors
*Confirmed (what we all knew anyway) that Issac Luke not only will be with us in season 2010,but for a few more years on top of that as well.He said that Issac was pissed off with all the rumors surrounding this.
*Craig Wing has had three operations during the offseason and will start running in the next two weeks.
*JT said he has seen a big change in Frogs attitude since NZ won the World Cup.He said expect a big year from him.

This may be true but would you have really expected him to come out and say, look to be honest a lot of clubs are after Issac and it might be hard to keep him. I doubt he would also say Luke is extremely happy that he is receiving all these rumours and is unhappy at the club.

This may be true but would you have really expected him to come out and say, look to be honest a lot of clubs are after Issac and it might be hard to keep him. I doubt he would also say Luke is extremely happy that he is receiving all these rumours and is unhappy at the club.

Very true.We can only be guided by the statements made by management lately re Issac.

Dave Q

Coach
I couldnt find Dave's (frogs) Stats on NRL.com, they'd better get it together this year for him.

Wing should be a lot better after his operations. That cat Riley still hasnt paid nearly enough for all of the misery he's called.

All the news I have is that Issac is happy atm.

The boys will all feel a lot more comfortable when we make the finals this year.

Our new signings should be very good for us and with Sandow (the truth)
kicking ass there are really no excuses.

Its much better to have the team on the up than weakened. I would have liked to have kept Manese, but we have really showed no mercy with releases etc and the NYC team was pretty likeable last year and has improved since then.

I expect the bears to win every game of the season.

Last edited:

coach

Franko I tend to agree with your comments.

When coaches speal like Taylor did on 2KY its all about motivating the fans. To make us feel good and believe that everything is going well with the team. For us to feel confident going in to the season. Nothing wrong with that.

Now what he said may be all true. But what I have learnt over the years to wait till the season gets going and see what happens then. You usually find out the truth about half way through the season when things may not be going so well and the pressure is on.

I couldnt find Dave's (frogs) Stats on NRL.com, they'd better get it together this year for him.

Wing should be a lot better after his operations. That cat Riley still hasnt paid nearly enough for all of the misery he's called.

All the news I have is that Issac is happy atm.

The boys will all feel a lot more comfortable when we make the finals this year.

Our new signings should be very good for us and with Sandow (the truth)
kicking ass there are really no excuses.

Its much better to have the team on the up than weakened. I would have liked to have kept Manese, but we have really showed no mercy with releases etc and the NYC team was pretty likeable last year and has improved since then.

I expect the bears to win every game of the season.

Barring serious injury to a couple of key players, we really must do well this year. Imo if we don't make the top eight then questions really need to be asked of the coaching staff. In fact, I will go so far as to say that once again barring serious injury, if we don't go top eight this year, 2010 will see a change of coach and a number of players given the @rse. If I were JT, I'd be letting the players know this as well. We had immediate success in 2007 and then 2008 was a write off due to some external factors and also, by the coaches own admission, he stuffed up. Fair enough, he's a new coach and needs some time to find his feet and he and the team showed enough improvement in the back end to justify keeping the faith but JT has had two years now and he also has a superior team to any other Souths coach since 89 so really, there are no excuses. Besides that, he has more support staff than any other Souths coach in history now so I reckon there are a number of jobs and playing careers riding on our success in 09.

Franko I tend to agree with your comments.

When coaches speal like Taylor did on 2KY its all about motivating the fans. To make us feel good and believe that everything is going well with the team. For us to feel confident going in to the season. Nothing wrong with that.

Now what he said may be all true. But what I have learnt over the years to wait till the season gets going and see what happens then. You usually find out the truth about half way through the season when things may not be going so well and the pressure is on.

Every NRL coach, when asked about their teams preparation at the start of the year will talk it up. They have to. Its as much about motivating the players as it is about the fans. The players need to know that all the sweating is counting for something and the fans need to be out there buying season tickets because they are so optimistic about the year ahead.

Barring serious injury to a couple of key players, we really must do well this year. Imo if we don't make the top eight then questions really need to be asked of the coaching staff. In fact, I will go so far as to say that once again barring serious injury, if we don't go top eight this year, 2010 will see a change of coach and a number of players given the @rse. If I were JT, I'd be letting the players know this as well. We had immediate success in 2007 and then 2008 was a write off due to some external factors and also, by the coaches own admission, he stuffed up. Fair enough, he's a new coach and needs some time to find his feet and he and the team showed enough improvement in the back end to justify keeping the faith but JT has had two years now and he also has a superior team to any other Souths coach since 89 so really, there are no excuses. Besides that, he has more support staff than any other Souths coach in history now so I reckon there are a number of jobs and playing careers riding on our success in 09.

You nailed it DKOR.

I think the only player at this point that really is facing the calicivirus injection at the moment is Jamain Lowe. Im suprised they didnt try and offload him in the off season. Only time will tell though.

coach

Every NRL coach, when asked about their teams preparation at the start of the year will talk it up. They have to. Its as much about motivating the players as it is about the fans. The players need to know that all the sweating is counting for something and the fans need to be out there buying season tickets because they are so optimistic about the year ahead.

As I said there is nothing wrong with what Taylor said and as you said all coaches do it.

Its said to get us all hyped for the season that will be here soon. Its just that after following the game for over 40 years I have heard it all before. I just like to sit back and wait to see what happens.

Dave Q

Coach
Ive heard it all before too but what I havent heard is the elite management being serious about it and thats what they are this year. I know because I have had one on one private discussions with a top person in the club and Sugar and Newk can back me up.

The roster makes for a good and credible top 8 outfit, the off feild resources are the best we have ever had, perhaps the best in the game.

But the most important thing is the talent and quality of the people we have behind the team.

We have 2-3 coaches, the best recruitment staff, the best health and fitness, fantastic and generous sponsers, supportive and interested owners and member co and by far, the best fans.

Members are rolling in like waves. We have surpassed last years membership already.

All the momentum is building nicely, an unusally good platform for any club let alone one that has had its share of misery like us.

It all goes into the mix for success.

The ressurection shall continue, our day in the rugby league sun draws nearer as each day passes.

Put all the legends gear aside lads, for Our time is coming.

Whatever our differences, we should be 110% behind the club and the boys.

Last edited:

Latest posts