What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary

boardlumps62

Juniors
Forward onto the club.....
I'm sorry don't use that video to defend Rava. His tackle does not feature as far as I can see. Rava's tackle is what I couldn't do as a schoolboy but my mate had it perfected. I would ask how do you do that and we would practice it at training. It requires the shoulder to make the initial contact then the arms wrap around the thighs then lift the attackers body and slam him back first into the hardest part of the field you can find ( usually the cricket pitch). Watch JDB he has it down pat and is intended to hurt. The closest tackle to Rava's shown in the video is the one deemed illegal because the legs are lifted beyond the horizontal. Rava didn't lift so the can't ping him for that and it's definitely not a grass cutter. Rava got under the ball and attacker loses the ball perfect result good tackle. IMO but what would I know?

St Tangles

Bench
Just got four week’s. What a load of F&@king shit.
Munster can deliberately kick two games in a row and has a small fine.
You slow it down it’s a fantastic tackle and puts Whitehead in zero harm.
I hope the club asks for a massive please explain from the NRL.
What a joke.
I expect them to say nothing

We should follow the lead of the Roosters and at least make some noise

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Still no word on MRC regarding DeBelin's 2 'on reports'.

My guess is Patton wants 6 weeks, whilst the others are saying fine only (pink text)

Gareth67

First Grade
Have only now watched the tackle on Kalyan Ponga in today’s Knights V Gold Coast match . The young bloke was absolutely flatten by a shoulder charge , one of the season’s worst imo , yet the ref took no action other than to tell the Knights skipper to control his men who responded to the tackle the way that men do .

The ref said “ We will play the ball , no action required- end of story “ . Simply unbelievable that nothing came of it considering the NRL’s so called crack-down on head shots , unbelievable .E28BB658-A984-4FE5-AA2B-EB3B564A5273.jpeg

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Have only now watched the tackle on Kalyan Ponga in today’s Knights V Gold Coast match . The young bloke was absolutely flatten by a shoulder charge , one of the season’s worst imo , yet the ref took no action other than to tell the Knights skipper to control his men who responded to the tackle the way that men do .

The ref said “ We will play the ball , no action required- end of story “ . Simply unbelievable that nothing came of it considering the NRL’s so called crack-down on head shots , unbelievable .View attachment 50208
It was fine Gazza, not a head shot, not a shoulder charge, just a good body bump

Latest posts