What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junior Amone

Hard Yards

Juniors
The full story all speculation the last line thou
Amone has been offered a contract extension with the Dragons which will see him remain at the club until 2024.
Only if he decides to accept, would have to think an upgrade would be part of the deal offered. The Dolphins wont go away, and Bennet is just doing his job, unfortunately.

Mojo

Bench
Only if he decides to accept, would have to think an upgrade would be part of the deal offered. The Dolphins wont go away, and Bennet is just doing his job, unfortunately.
How about the NRL doing something to support the existing clubs that have made it rich and produced all the players that make up the market? They can’t just keep increasing the competition without providing some sort of support.

Walpole

Juniors
If the Dolphins are smart (and lets face it, if it's Wayne vs our blokes, they're way smarter) they'll offer Amone, Sullivan and Sloan a package deal and build their future around these young guys...

slippery5

Juniors
100%, if the nrl allow the Dolphins to negotiate prior to 1st november, then that will be a disgrace, it's not the Dragons fault the recruitment has been slow for them. All it will do is now put clubs like ours under more pressure to get things done and also has given the manager of Amone a loaded gun to point at the club. In all seriousness, Amone is a talent but what has he achieved at this stage of his career, we are all hoping he turns out to be a superstar FOR THE DRAGONS but he isn't one yet !!! And now we are going to be placed in a compromised position just because the media has revealed once again that Wayne is looking at him. All this targeting players before their contracts are up, way before, is really diabolical.
The biggest failure in any nursery recruiting is waiting to see what they have achieved in limited 1st grade games.
Talent scouts can identify someones ability with minute parts of their performance in a game, whether that being trial games or lower grades.
As I've mentioned before, the Storm signed Jack Howarth on a 5yr deal for 2.6million [or somewhere around that] without playing a single NRL game & if you watched U19 SOO last night you would have seen why they & Joey Johns was drooling over him, with some of his runs fending off 8 players.

Yow

Juniors
How about the NRL doing something to support the existing clubs that have made it rich and produced all the players that make up the market? They can’t just keep increasing the competition without providing some sort of support.
Your right Mojo Redcliffe should of worked this out earlier they have a big catchtment area

BLM01

First Grade

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Interesting he also been given the kicking duties .. which he is rarely asked to do for us
Good to see his general kicking but I'd say it has more to do with him being the senior half today, five eighth is Kotoni Staggs after all.

His kicking hasn't been great so far either, so we're probably understanding why he plays six for us and is used as a running half, stick to your strengths as they say.

Spazer

Juniors
Amone has never had a good long kicking game and it shows in the international game. Not sure why he was selected as the primary kicker he should be 6 with an organising half doing the general kicking.

Apart from that though he's been solid and had a good try assist for katoa. Big exp for young amone and we will only benefit from it.

Illusion

Bench
Amone has never had a good long kicking game and it shows in the international game. Not sure why he was selected as the primary kicker he should be 6 with an organising half doing the general kicking.

Apart from that though he's been solid and had a good try assist for katoa. Big exp for young amone and we will only benefit from it.
Definitely as you say benifit from it as will Suli ......

Illusion

Bench
Both good footy players and good to see them getting a run at international level, but .. is it just me - I can only remember seeing Suli pass the ball once in all the time I’ve been watching him play. Amone’s kicking really wasn’t good today either.
Suli seems to have a couple or so defenders on him when he gets the ball when he plays for the 🐉 ...... Both only young and will benifit .....

justadragon

Bench
well whatever uncle wayne sees in amone its certainly not his kicking game, there will have to be a lot of work done next off season , he needs to be able to support either hunt or sulivan as the secondary kicker, other parts of his game were good today.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Amone suffered head knock and will be subject to concussion protocols for the game against the Raiders.

I hope he will be OK but I also hope that Sullivan fills if Amone has to sit out.

From the few NLR opportunities Sullivan has had this year, I think he creates more exciting opportunities and is a better entertainer than Amone.

Just my observation.

Original Name

Juniors

He was selected as the primary kicker because the other option Tonga to play 7 is like 17 years old. Most of those countries in the pacific don't create halfbacks.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Personally, we should punt Amone & sign Dufty to play 5/8
I'm not suggesting we punt Amone, but I do recall posting in another thread approx a year ago that we should have kept Duffty on the minimum coin as a 14. Old Mboi hasn't really impressed me at all so far and may eat into our sunvisor cap for 2023 .

P.S

I read the RED V podcast thread and apparently (which I listen to all the time but haven't had the chance to in the last few weeks), Webb said we are re-signing a returning ex Dragons player. The only players I can think of ATM is
Friz, Duffty & Saab, if anyone can think of other then I'm keen to know. Thanks in advance!!!

Latest posts