What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junior Moors

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Anyone know what is happening with this guy?

He is a big unit that never seemed to get a run is the top grade, is he still on our books or has he been booted? Kinda hoped he'd have been a good signing, he never seemed to lift.

Maybe a bad attitude.

Vic Mackey

Referee
he is with us for 2012, surprised me but glad to see him as i do think he has a lot of potential, as a backrower though

was 18th man a few times in 2011 but i dont think he ever actually played a game of firsts?

Skitz68

Juniors
Often wonder the same thing about Junior Moors,wasn't he was suposed to be the the next SBW when he was at Penrith. What about Nua Akeripa is he still with us ?, seemed to have potential too.
Looks like we have plenty of fowards still like to know who the 1 and 7 will be ?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Moors played 11 games for the Tigers in 2010, 0 in 2011.

Nu Akeripa is still with the magpies. I can't believe we hadn't brought him into first grade already. I felt the same way about David Gower too. He'd be handy to have right about now too.

gronkathon

First Grade
I thought Nu had gone on a Mormon mission, unless my source is taking the piss.

His foot injury really ruined his good shot at an NRL debut last season

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
He may well have. I must admit I had no idea about that (mormon mission).

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Madunit, you mention David Gower, like you I always thought he was a good player. About now he would be very useful in our front row rotation. With Keith Galloway going better than ever and the young guys Groat and Woods really starting to develop, Gower would be very handy addition.

I don't think the Dragons will ever use him to his full potential which is sad really as I think he is better than some of the props they currently have on their books. Might get a better chance this year under Price.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Some of our supporters need to take a reality check. Moors and Gower won't ever be NRL players.

The future is BMM, Mosese Foituaika, Andrew Vela, Brendan Santi and Shaun Spence.

Moors and Gower had their time and now its gone. Progression to the NRL in most cases is from U20s to NRL, not via the State Cup.

gronkathon

First Grade
Spence is one dimensional dross.

He reminds me of Fulton but without the defensive technique and a poorer skill set with the ball in hand.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I don't get the BMM love. Admittedly I have only seen his first grade appearances but so far he hasn't shown much compared to Woods or Groat who have looked much more impressive

Vic Mackey

Referee
BMM hasn't shined in first grade yet however I really believe that people expect too much of young players these days. He is 2 years younger then Dwyer who only really started to stand out this year.

By all reports he is a very good trainer an the coaching staff feel he has a much better attitude then fifita (I have heard this second hand). The one thing about our halves (particuarly benji)is that they don't seem to use the running back rowers well. Benji prefers to hit the man out the back. How many times do we see Ellis throw his hands in the air after steaming through a gap only for the ball to go behind him to the left center/fullback? I'm confident BMM will come good.

Woods has really been an exception to the rule but even he had a little down patch in the middle of the year. Even still to have the year he had after playing just two games last year was remarkable. Groat wasn't ready for full time first grade and this showed in the warriors semi.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Spence is one dimensional dross.

He reminds me of Fulton but without the defensive technique and a poorer skill set with the ball in hand.

Spence seems to be one these blokes like matt hyland that coaches love because they train really hard but in reality are crap on the field. Luckily hyland seems to have been moved on, spence will prob spend a year with BRET then do the same.

Vic Mackey

Referee
The future is BMM, Mosese Foituaika, Andrew Vela, Brendan Santi and Shaun Spence.

I've had a bit to do with brendan santi. He is one of four brothers, the older two were also extremely talented footballers but bad attitude let them down. Brendan seems to have a much better head on his shoulders and is probably the best public/non sports school school boy I've seen in years. I'll be very surprised if he doesn't go on to play first grade, can't believe the dogs let this one slip.

R2Coupe

Juniors
I watched Brendan play his first U20 match against the Sharks. He played well and appears to be a strong runner of the ball.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Thank f**k Hyland was moved on. I used to cringe when people brought up his name when they were talking about future NRL stars. No chance in the world and I suspect Spence will be the same.

IMO BMM will explode this season. I think he has more potential than both Woods and Groat.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gower is a lot better than people realise. He dominated nsw cup. Definitely NRL standard.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Some of our supporters need to take a reality check. Moors and Gower won't ever be NRL players.

Moors and Gower had their time and now its gone. Progression to the NRL in most cases is from U20s to NRL, not via the State Cup.

I agree with you on Moors and Gower.

Moors cos he is lazy as f**k and Gower because he's just not quite good enough. He can fill a gap every now and then, but a week in, week out NRL player he is not. He has a go though.

R2Coupe

Juniors
I agree. You have to take your chances when they are offered. It is an exciting time for the WTs with the transition from the old to the new.

Mosese Fotuaika is an outstanding talent and I would not be surprised to see him in the NRL in Round 1. BMM should come on this year and Andrew Vela is another forward to watch.

Latest posts