What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junior reps this arvo - 25 April

rambo1

Juniors
The on field tantrum by the Parra Harold Mats Winger was a disgrace and an embarrassment.

If he ever plays for the club again then the club has real leadership problems.

Apart from O'Hanlon who was dropped back to play for the SG Ball team I did not see a much for Parra to be looking forward to. The Harold Matts team look like they train in a Pie Shop. Maybe they should quit the NRL and nominate a team for the Samoan Rugby Union comp.

The Parramatta knockers are out in force gloating about our loss in Ball. I heard there were cheers at Toyota Park, where some of the junior quarter final matches were played, when the Parramatta score was announced. It seems that like Manly (heaven forbid) we are the team other clubs like to hate.....at least at junior level.

I'm sure your disparaging remarks about the Matts team will only fire them up for next weeks semi final against Western Suburbs.

In terms of disipline in the Matts team I can only form an opinion on what I've observed. Both the Ball and Matts teams are headed by school teachers, Mick Lewis and Chris Bradbury respectively. It seems to be the Para way that we provide school teachers with a coaching pathway, Just look at DA and Matt Cameron as examples of this.

They train hard and are well coached and any disiplinary issues are dealt with accordingly. If there were issues with the Para winger then I'm sure it will be sorted out.

But Belly did not mention in it his report so it must not have been too much.

Just a couple of teenagers blowing off steam...he could have really gone off the deep end but they carried on playing footy.

What was worse was the farcial penalty the ref gave after the initial penalty given to Norths...good solid hitup met with an absolute bell ringer..nothing wrong with tackle but the red blew the penalty...the type you know will get given after an altercation.

Last edited:

footyfan66

Juniors
The on field tantrum by the Parra Harold Mats Winger was a disgrace and an embarrassment.

If he ever plays for the club again then the club has real leadership problems.

Apart from O'Hanlon who was dropped back to play for the SG Ball team I did not see a much for Parra to be looking forward to. The Harold Matts team look like they train in a Pie Shop. Maybe they should quit the NRL and nominate a team for the Samoan Rugby Union comp.

The 'tantrum' by the matts winger was the result of an elbow to the mouth and being called a gorilla. I was at the game (and yes I am a parent of one of the players - but not this particular player) and the manner in which the Norths players and coaches responded to the loss was the embarrassment. The boys were constantly baited and villified on field and the coach refused to shake hands at the end of the game after giving several players a mouthfull. If anyone needs to be disclipined it should be the Norths coach. I have never seen such a lack of sportsmanship in the 14 years I have been involved in Jnr league.

The 'tantrum' by the matts winger was the result of an elbow to the mouth and being called a gorilla. I was at the game (and yes I am a parent of one of the players - but not this particular player) and the manner in which the Norths players and coaches responded to the loss was the embarrassment. The boys were constantly baited and villified on field and the coach refused to shake hands at the end of the game after giving several players a mouthfull. If anyone needs to be disclipined it should be the Norths coach. I have never seen such a lack of sportsmanship in the 14 years I have been involved in Jnr league.

That's what happens when you invite queenslanders into a NSWRL comp. They are living in the 1960s, Brisbane is one big redneck town.
Knowing QLD they will try and claim some Parra players for State of Origin. They already stole Inglis and Folua.
They are **^%heads queenslanders!!!

Nikki

Coach
Our Poly boys fired up that much I thought they were gunna start a full on Hakka (spl). As a fan sittin on the sideline I have no issue with the way the boys acted. I think I did yell out for them to let their game do the talking, which is when I may have copped abuse from the idiot "mate" of Belly's. Belly always gets us NSW kids into trouble when we travel over the Border...

Nikki

Coach
He was a disgrace, and people like him are the reason they dont serve alcohol at Junior games in Sydney anymore.

Just on a side note, PJ Marsh was in attendance and sitting alongside Andrew Hill and Ando...

Stagger eel

Staff member
He was a disgrace, and people like him are the reason they dont serve alcohol at Junior games in Sydney anymore.

Just on a side note, PJ Marsh was in attendance and sitting alongside Andrew Hill and Ando...

really?? when was the last time an eels player had 3 stints at the club?? :D

Nikki

Coach
So SG Ball are out? A few of us were under the impression they got to fight another day.

rambo1

Juniors
So SG Ball are out? A few of us were under the impression they got to fight another day.

I think Para might have put in a protest because Brisbane Norths allegedly played unregistered players. However a report today on ourfootyteam.com quotes the issue is dead.

http://www.ourfootyteam.com/news_09.php#sgBall1gameFromGF280409a

NORTHS DEVILS RIGHT TO PLAY IN SEMI FINAL

Story By :

Saturday's Semi Final ARL National Under 18's Comp clash between the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs and Brisbane's Northern Devils will go ahead as planned.
ourfootyteam spoke with QRL Managing Director Ross Livermore this morning and Mr. Livermore said "it's all just a storm in a tea cup"

"All the 4 (North's Devils) players that were queried about were all eligible to play, they are all registered with the QRL and the local club the Northern Devils"

We asked Mr. Livermore a hypothetical question.
If the Northern Devils win the u18's Grand Final, does that make them the 2009 SG Ball Champions?

"No, if the Northern Devils win the Grand Final, they become the Nations U 18 champions and the runner up will be the 2009 SG Ball Champions"

So if a NSW team wins the U18's Grand Final, they will be the National U 18's Champions as well as the 2009 SG Ball Champions.

ourfootyteam would like to thank Mr. Ross Livermore for taking the time to speak with us today and thank him for his interest in our breaking story.

Latest posts