What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junior waits in the wings

Stagger eel

Staff member
Gronk said:
No loyalty in NRL anymore. Looks like Karl did what his manager told him to do. Tough on the Dogs though, they put their cash into a 15/16 yo and he shafts them when he's 18. Didn't even give them the last chance to match the bid.

As uncle chop chop says....never let the truth get in the way of a good story :roll:

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
Gee if is this McNichol character is offered 200k a year, what would INU be worth on the open market and out of contract. He is a more established centre and has already played test footy. I really hope we are in the midst of offering Krisnan an extended deal beyond 2008 as he could be anything in this game

Gronk

Staff member
T-BONE MCGRAW said:
Gee if is this McNichol character is offered 200k a year, what would INU be worth on the open market and out of contract. He is a more established centre and has already played test footy. I really hope we are in the midst of offering Krisnan an extended deal beyond 2008 as he could be anything in this game

The article says that he "could earn up to $200k". So it's an incentive contract. Who knows, he may have to Rep for NZ or SoO before he gets that sorta coin.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
This pisses me off more than any other thing about our game.

A club can nurture a player all the way through his junior development years, only to be later picked up by a shonky club who are cashed up with a farked playing roster.

There has to be more emphassis and reward placed for clubs who develop juniors. After all, it's the clubs who have spent their time & resources to bring these kids through.

Take from the big clubs and distribute to the small clubs, this is exactly what the NRL want.

Gronk

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
This pisses me off more than any other thing about our game.

A club can nurture a player all the way through his junior development years, only to be later picked up by a shonky club who are cashed up with a farked playing roster.

There has to be more emphassis and reward placed for clubs who develop juniors. After all, it's the clubs who have spent their time & resources to bring these kids through.

Take from the big clubs and distribute to the small clubs, this is exactly what the NRL want.

Yeah I recall Brian Smith mouthing off about the same thing. Pretty sure he said that Parra spend their salary cap again on junior development.

Love to know how the Sharks or Manly compare to that. :roll:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Good luck to Junior, his time come. Cannings hasn't been that flash so far, good to see we have a guy like Junior just waiting for a chance.

caylo

Bench
PIG said:
Get rid of Cannings (too soft & lazy) or Cordoba (cant hang onto the ball)

I agree with the comments he is a future rep player. He has dominated, generally when the team is going forward. I have faith in him, has shown great signs. Taia has also been branded "over-rated". Other than a few drop ball, which is uncharacteristic, he was solid, put some nice hits on. I can't believe how fickle some of you guys can be.

parra pete

Referee
caylo said:
I agree with the comments he is a future rep player. He has dominated, generally when the team is going forward. I have faith in him, has shown great signs. Taia has also been branded "over-rated". Other than a few drop ball, which is uncharacteristic, he was solid, put some nice hits on. I can't believe how fickle some of you guys can be.

Caylo :clap:..Most impressed with the improvement in your spelling. Well done matey

Stagger eel

Staff member
Tizzun said:
This article talks up the idea of signing a young player for a lot of money, I still would like it to be easier for the team who finds and trains the young player to be able to keep them. The article also mentions that Parra balked at signing Fittler years ago, I never knew that...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21703170-23214,00.html

I thought Paul Kent was smarter than that, for this kid is to earn 600K over three years he would have to earn it by playing firstgrade and possably even rep football it's no different to anyone we have here...Jarryd earnt those bucks, for achieving what he did last year but if he was kept in PL he still would of been on a humbling 50K.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
parra pete said:
Caylo :clap:..Most impressed with the improvement in your spelling. Well done matey

PP, alot of us here are at work and don't have to to spell check and read over them thoroughly. It's a case of hitting the submit button before the boss walks in! ;-)

parra pete

Referee
COACH STERLING said:
PP, alot of us here are at work and don't have to to spell check and read over them thoroughly. It's a case of hitting the submit button before the boss walks in! ;-)

Don't let me catch you....:lol:

Proud of Caylo and his improvement. Some of his spelling wasn't even close...:D

caylo

Bench
parra pete said:
Don't let me catch you....:lol:

Proud of Caylo and his improvement. Some of his spelling wasn't even close...:D

No no, it was more than the boss walking in. Since im at home, and on this website instead of studying. I download spell cheak, it helps. Exept right now im at my sisters computer, not mine. Ths one does not have the spell cheak, so if there is any mistakes, oops. But my spelling, well it speaks for itself.

Pete can you get a talent detector, just like a metal one, since I've solved my problem, it is time for you. :lol:

Latest posts