What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just a Thought - Possibly Already Mentioned

SaintPauli

Juniors
You can call the Roosters a professionally run club, but take away the financial input and business connections from Politis and they will flounder. (How old is he anyway?)
The poor enforcement and loopholes in the salary cap have handed them an unfair playing field where they are running downhill and with the wind at their backs.

The answer for the NRL (if they are interested) is in front of their noses...the fantasy league competitions.
Every player is awarded a salary cap value and any team signing him can negotiate more or less, apply TPA's but the the value on the salary cap is set.
The club not Politis now owns a lot of real estate. Politis did guide and set it all up.
1.What are St George Illawarra doing to sustain a viable future?
2. Where is our centre of excellence?

SGMax

Juniors
The club not Politis now owns a lot of real estate. Politis did guide and set it all up.

Not sure what real estate has to do with it.
I'm talking envelopes, brown paper bags, and commercial contacts directed towards supplementing player contracts through TPA's.
Its often difficult or awkward to determine if TPA's are not at arms length when someone so wealthy and influential is involved.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Grand Final Finalists

1999 - Melbourne
2000 - Roosters
2002 - Roosters
2003 - Roosters
2004 - Roosters
2006 - Storm
2007 - Storm
2008 - Storm
2009 - Storm
2010 - Roosters
2012 - Storm
2013 - Roosters
2016 - Storm
2017 - Storm
2018 - Storm & Roosters
2019 - Roosters

20 seasons.
Both clubs combined have made the grand final 17 times.

What a wonderfully diverse comp.
I look forward to the diversity of the next 20 seasons as well.

Maybe if more clubs were as professional as these clubs.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Not sure what real estate has to do with it.
I'm talking envelopes, brown paper bags, and commercial contacts directed towards supplementing player contracts through TPA's.
Its often difficult or awkward to determine if TPA's are not at arms length when someone so wealthy and influential is involved.

No proof of any of that.

Draginzaaar

Bench
The NRL offered a couple of years ago to input money into clubs' Centre of Excellence. We declined.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Correct, but Fans are walking away from the game...Everybody can see what the imbalance is, but no one in the mainstream media up until now will address it..............

AFL is run professionally...eg they did a 20 year study before bringing in GWS....

NRL talks relocation and crosses their fingers hoping for the best....just look at the Gold coast....

Has never been successful to any large degree....Surely a draft system would help them attract players etc...( Yes I know the RLPA is against the Draft), but they may have no sport left in 20 years if we continue on the same trajectory.

How are the Gold Coast Suns going again?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Salary cap is working a treat, just ask Storm and Roosters. What I find works as well, is teams that get caught rorting the cap either win a comp or are in finals for a while afterwards, ask the Dogs, Sharks and Parra. Parra has never looked back since they cheated. They have been top 8 since. Dogs got caught and were able to win a comp a year later and Sharks, we all know what happened there.

SaintPauli

Juniors
The NRL offered a couple of years ago to input money into clubs' Centre of Excellence. We declined.
I believe we declined because a better and bigger $ option was being negotiated away from nrl ! What ever that meant! It would be nice to have another club/fan forum to ask the hard questions in which we have a s$#t load.

Latest posts