What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Justin Hodges - Test Fullback?

Pistol

Coach
chewme said:
i was hammered on this forum a few weeks ago for mentioning hodges to fullback for the tn just have to wait and see,gringlis is goin good and should be a show for an aussie jumper

tbh hodges left the broncos to play fullback. then when he returned karmichael hunt had pretty much a mortgage on the spot. now that hodges is there and performing, his form is so much better and he looks like a dangerous attacking weapon. He's getting his hands on the ball a lot more and you can tell he enjoys it. He was already in outstanding form in the centres but he was restricted to one side of the field, now he's at the back, he can attack anywhere

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Hodgess looks the goods atm, but geez its a big call to chuck him in the full back position

K Hunts fitness is not up to any rep footy at this stage, he looks very rusty yesterday.

Hodges was a fullback at every level until he made the Broncos first grade side and Lockyer was in front of him. The reason he made that side was because he was outstanding for the Clydesdales at no. 1. I'm pretty sure he played Aust Schoolboys at fullback too. He's become a good centre and has the size now be an exceptional centre but I had no doubt he'd slot back into fullback well. He's a confidence player and after probably his best ever year in first grade I'd expect him to handle any position for Australia as long as that confidence remains.
Hunt will probably keep his spot if he returns well from injury and stays fit. Gasnier and Hodges should be the centres. King has to be in the side so he'll fill one wing spot. That leaves the other wing which could go to any number of players. The finals series will be telling. Personally I'd pick Tate. He was outstanding last year and as long as the Broncos go well and he is fit I think he'll make the side. Inglis should probably make the squad though and given a run at some stage. Purely from a marketting POV it might be good to see him or Slater in the Melbourne game.

griff

Bench
On form it has to be Hodges, and I'm sure they can find a place for Inglis in the squad.

Hunt is about the third best fullback at the Broncos, let alone the best fullback in Australia.

eadz

Juniors
No way Cooper should be in the side. Hodges should probably go for the centres spot because he can become the incumbent so that he doesn't have to step aside for minichiello at FB
1. Hunt (not a big though, maybe swap with Inglis)
2. Inglis
3. Gas
4. Hodges
5. King
6. Lockyer
7. Orford (imo he can only lose this spot over the finals series if he plays bad)

borat

Bench
Cooper will be selected infront of Hodges in the centres again just as he was for the Anzac test becuase Cooper is a true left centre, Hodges isn't. Nothing has changed since the Anzac test, Hodges is still in as good a form as ever but the reality is that Gasnier and Hodges are going for the one position and thats a no contest. Gaz every time.

if Hodges can somehow keep the fullback position at the broncos I would say he will alos get the test fullback spot.

Leagueguy

Juniors
If Brisbane and Melbourne play in the Grand Final (which I'm predicting)

1. Hunt
2. Tate/King
3. Hodges
4. Gasiner
5. Inglis
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston/Cronk
8. Petero
9. Smith
10. Bailey
11. Mason
12. Crocker
13. Hindmarsh

Interchange
Berrigan
Omealy
Johnson/Caroll/Thaiday
Ryan

Thats 3 Dogs players , 6 or 7 possible storm/broncos players.

griff said:
On form it has to be Hodges, and I'm sure they can find a place for Inglis in the squad.

Hunt is about the third best fullback at the Broncos, let alone the best fullback in Australia.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well said...& let me add that when locky retires or is injured, cutie will be shown up as overrated with no one to set up the breaks

Latest posts