What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Justin Poore

oldmancraigy

Coach
Last night he joined the club of props who are averaging 100m per contest.

Not ONE of the guys above him in the list plays fewer minutes. (next closest plays 10% more minutes).

I think he's been outstanding for us since about round 4 - he is an absolute engine of go-forward and NEVER gets a wrap.

Thought he was clearly one of our best forwards last night and I am STOKED that we've got him locked up for a couple of years. Shame nobody notices it - but I thought I've give him a shout out!

Gronk

Staff member
Agreed. Watch this thread fill up with posts by the haters however.

Forty20

First Grade

Not ONE of the guys above him in the list plays fewer minutes. (next closest plays 10% more minutes).

I think he's been outstanding for us since about round 4 - he is an absolute engine of go-forward and NEVER gets a wrap.

Thought he was clearly one of our best forwards last night and I am STOKED that we've got him locked up for a couple of years. Shame nobody notices it - but I thought I've give him a shout out!

Don't worry oldman, he does get noticed.

I wrap the big fella all the time and am a huge fan of the enforcement he brings to our defence as much as his metre eating. He is also starting to hit top gear before impact and is bending the line pretty often.

It helps his cause that he is also a top bloke off the field as well.

If anyone could wrangle a sponsoship deal with Toyota for him that included a Hilux, I'm sure he would appreciate it massively ;-)

Gordy

Juniors

Agree OMC. He has been very solid without getting a lot of wraps. Him and Timmah have been great.

Brenno75

Juniors
I love his reaction when Mitchell scored. He seems like a very passionate bloke towards this team, and to think there were rumours he didn't want to be here.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Tbh IMO he's been good all year. Even when he was "struggling" and people were giving it to him in spades he was playing well. He defended strongly and never gave up. It's just that now he's become comfortable with the side and has become unstoppable.

But I am stoked he's a Eel. Top, top bloke, too. And such a nice guy for such a huge bloke!

Forty20

First Grade
I love his reaction when Mitchell scored. He seems like a very passionate bloke towards this team, and to think there were rumours he didn't want to be here.

Some time ago I asked him how he going at the club and about those rumours, in particular the one about seeking a release in order to go to the Dragons or Dogs...turns out he didn't even know about those ones until he got some and saw the 6pm news.

Understandly he was a tad bewildered.

Shows just how bad the australian media is in its desperation for 'news'

:lol:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Top thread!! Poore has been terrific for us nearly all season, unlucky not to play Origin considered he played last year and his form was a LOT better than the experts would have you believe.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
i agree he's not getting the wraps he deserves from people who find it more convenient to list him as a candidate for bust buy of the season. they've gone deathly silent since about rd 6

Kornstar

Coach
I was saying to my dad during the game that i thought he had been really good since about round 5. He wasn't bad before that but he was easing himself into the team.....

He will be even better next year when he is starting!

TheRam

Coach
I was one of the knockers early on, but since his improvement in form, as I have already stated before, he is going great and in some games really, really great. But I still think that there are two parts to his game that he can do much better at though.

One, when he hits the line he still tends to at times run in too upright and the opposition can then bend him backwards much easier then they should be able to. If you watch Mannah in particular he tends to dive forward at impact which prevents this from happening and more crucially gives him the advantage and not the defenders(no dominant call) and a quicker play the ball, plus he usually gains an extra metre or two in the process.

And two, I would love to see him develop an offload in his game, the opposition know what they will get with him so put numbers on him every time.

Otherwise the guy has been going brilliantly off the bench. But that can be said about all our forwards this season, the best pack we have ever had really since I have been following the Eels since the seventies, with the exception of hooker of course.

BissyB

Juniors
Sack him. Sack Hayne. Sack the board. Sack DA. Sack the refs boss!!

Oh god I sound like Gus

oldmancraigy

Coach
actually it works better with Fui starting and Poore on the bench atm...

Poore started twice and those have been 2 of his worst games!

He and Mannah bring the meterage, and Poore is an excellent defender around the ruck like Cayless, so it's a better balance.

Poore and MoiMoi to start next year I suppose.

boxhead

First Grade
I perfectly agree with all this.
He was shaky at the start of the year, but to be honest all our forwards were except for Hindy and Mannah.
Since the early rounds he has shaped up to be one of the props of the year, and has been absolutely brilliant off the bench.
One thing he brings to the side that we haven't had for a while is a real aggressive attitude; sure, Mannah and Fui run hard, but they (along with Cayless) are 'nice guy' props. Poore is a great bloke as well, but he has really brought an intimidation factor into our forwards, and he is one big part of what is likely the best prop rotation for any club this year.
Honestly, I have to look up the other teams props; I think we are the only team in the NRL to have an all representative prop rotation (Poore and Mannah are NSW players, Moi Moi and Cayless are New Zealand Internationals), and it definitely shows; all of our props average over 100 metres per game, something few (if any) clubs can attest to.
Justin Poore, and truthfully the rest of our forwards, deserve every rap they get.

yy_cheng

Coach
when we trap the opposition in their 10 after a kick, watch Poore. He gets in there to keep them helmed.

Only thing is that the other forwards don't really gang up with him

Latest posts