What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Justin Ryder

Hi all

Our coach at Wakefield, Shane McNally said this morning (our time) that we were interested in Justin Ryder. Now someone on www.trinitywildcats.co.uk reckons he has read he has signed for Manly.
Is this true? and how good is Justin? I havent read anything on here about him so far, I take it he plays reserve grade?

Thanks for any input

Weloveyouwakefield

P.S. if you don't want Joey Johns can we have him please.. :lol:

He has just signed with Manly, so I wouldn't count on seeing him any time soon. Ryder was flavour of the month after filling in for a little while a few years back, scored a contract, then fell into obscurity. A few injuries kept him seeing limited games for reserve grade and kept him entirely out of first grade during 2003. I believe his last game in firsts was against the Canberra Raiders in Canberra late in the 2002 season, not his best game, but not his worst either.

Ryder has received a lot of bad press from fans simply because he took a spot on the team from other players that have gone on to other clubs and become full-time first graders. Paul Franze is the prime example considering they both play similar positions amongst the backline. In reality, he can be a useful back-up player, but will never amount to being a first grade success.

Thank you for your reply Danish Moo Cow but we (wakefield) still reckon we are in negotiations with him so who knows? Is it true his nickname is pinball?
Thanks again

Doctor

Bench
Justin Ryder, just like his fellow former-Knight-turned-Manly-first divisioner (Lenny Beckett - who is now playing rugby union I believe), was never worth much anyway.

Why the Knights signed him ahead of other backline player I do not know. He offered effort, but little talent and really was made to look good by some classy inside men.

I can fault his effort levels, but he was never much more than an average first division player - Manly might provide him with more opportunities to play in the top grade, but they don't have the backline talent to make Ryder look good - this may be a problem for his career.

roopy

Referee
IMO Ryder had some aspects of his play that were top class, and some aspects that were well below Premier League standard.
He is a powerful returner of the ball and a very hard man to tackle, especially one on one, but he can't catch a high ball to save his life, which just makes him a target on the field in first grade.
His main problem is unfixable. He has Ducks disease (his backside is too close to the ground), and since he is built like a brick outhouse he can't jump more than two inches off the ground. Every winger in the comp can beat him for a high ball. He is lucky he doesn't have to play Tahu, because I reckon Tahu might jump right over the top of him.

Anyhow, if Ryder can learn to catch a bit he could still turn into a valuable firstgrader in England, because he does return the ball like a pinball machine, bouncing off everyone in sight.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
He's way to injury prone. He lacks consistancy in his game. He has nothing under the high ball. He has pretty good pace over short distances. He gets pushed over the sideline way to much.

northey

First Grade
you really don't want him....
can i ask you something weloveyouwakefeild.... are you a supporter of wakefeild or are you the real jamie rooney?????

northey said:
you really don't want him....
can i ask you something weloveyouwakefield.... are you a supporter of wakefield or are you the real jamie rooney?????

No unfortunatly I am not Jamie Rooney :(
I am just a supporter of wakefield with Jamie Rooney as my avatar
it might change though as there is a rumour Hull FC want him...
Good of you to recognise our player who do you support, Newcastle I take it?

log on to

www.trinitywildcats.co.uk and click on forums to see who we are
wlyw

antonius

Coach
Briza said:
Justin Ryder has not/will not be signing with Manly - THANK f**k !!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He's already signed!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Bye Bye Justin the doors that-away :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Briza

Juniors
Sorry to spoil your fun people.

Finalised Playing roster for 2004.

CLEAL, Kane* LENNON, Mark*
CREARY, Mitch** MCGUINNESS, Kevin
CUTHBERTSON, Adam** MENZIES, Steve**
DEMPSEY, Brad** MONAGHAN, Michael *
DENNY, Jonathon MULLANE, Jye
DONALD, Scott RANDALL, Chad**
DONNELLY, Ian* RENNIE, Dallas*
DORN, Luke ROBSON, Jeff
DUNLEY, Shayne* RYAN, Brett
HARRIS, Sam** STEPHENSON, Paul*
HAUMONO, Solomon STEWART, Brett
HEANEY, Jarrod STEWART, Glenn
HECKENBERG, Daniel TORRENS, Albert
HICKS, Chris* WALKER, Andrew *
HOLLINGSWORTH, Nathan WALKER, Ben
HOPOATE, John** WATMOUGH, Anthony **
KING, Jason** WILLIAMSON, Luke

Luke Dorn is still on the books until he has officialy signed with the Roosters, which he hasnt yet done. ???

Players who have either retired, gone to other clubs or haven't been signed for 2004 include:
REEVES, Brendon
MACDOUGALL, Ben
FERRIS, Jason
CANNINGS, Aaron
SHIPWAY, Mark
JENSEN, Tony
WOODEN, Grant
LIMA, Danny
HILL, Matthew
HILL, Christian
MOORE, Alex

northey said:
weloveyouwakefeild
i am a supporter of the knights a very big one.
talk to you later

I should have realised from your signature :roll:
I thought after I had put it, it was a silly question really...
anyway thanks for the interest :D

Briza

Juniors
antonius said:
Stay in denial all you want Brizza.... you've got 'im :lol: :lol:

Better check your own comings and goings, word is he re-signed with the knights :lol:
And it's been confirmed on Mightyeagles.com that Manly did not sign him!