What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JWH for captain

OVP

Coach
I'm sorry but after the last two press conferences, where Jake Friend blamed they younger guys (he was probably pointing the finger at Hastings) for not putting in, when it's quite clear to everyone else that its the senior players that have let the team down for the majority of the year.

I'd even get rid of Friend completely, he's too slow and predictable and I'm sick of seeing him make 50 tackles where he gets pushed backwards in every tackle allowing the opposition to make an extra 5 metres. Why do you think he makes so many tackles, it's because other teams target him for easy metres in the tackle.

How long did Peats sign with the Gold Coast ? I'd love him at our club.

Valheru

Coach
Getting rid of him completely is a ridiculous notion. He would have played origin and test footy by now if not from Cam Smith.

I do agree about the captaincy though and it's not even about the press conferences. I just don't think he converses well with the refs and inspires his teammates with his words. The best way he inspires is through example and determination on the field.

I think Cordner is the right man for the official captaincy job

Chook

First Grade
I don't think Boyd is a big talker and neither is Jarrod, they both tend to lead by example.

I'd give it back to Pearce, but what that would do to the playing group I dunno.

At least we can still lol@souffs.

Chook.

Valheru

Coach
I expect Boyd could be a late inclusion against the dogs although a Thursday game won't help...

Latest posts