What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kaepernick

nick87

Coach
Has to be soon, he's awful.
Its crazy to think that only a few years ago he was the guy everyone held up as the future of the position.

abpanther

Staff member
He won't get benched, he'll play all season and he will be the perfect scapegoat for Baalke and Jed to buy themselves another year or two

This season will be his last with the 49ers

God-King Dean

Immortal
Yes, he has been bad, but he's on a hiding to nothing, especially with that O-line

I feel bad for him tbh. And getting rid of him won't accomplish anything. I'd stick with him through this rebuilding stage,

DC_fan

Coach
Who would replace him. Would it be backup Blaine Gabbert whose 5 year NFL record doesn't excite anyone?

For as bad as he maybe playing I am not sure they can bench him.

abpanther

Staff member
Yes, he has been bad, but he's on a hiding to nothing, especially with that O-line

I feel bad for him tbh. And getting rid of him won't accomplish anything. I'd stick with him through this rebuilding stage,

100% agree

However he is the perfect scapegoat for the GM and owner, in the offseason they can cut him and say he never developed into the player he should've been (despite the fact that no-one could succeed behind that Oline and our terrible coaching staff).

They then draft a guy like Goff/Cook and say they're in rebuild mode for 2-3 years

There is a lot of shit coming out on Kap now regarding the love triangle with Aldon Smith, statements from assistant coaches from the Harbaugh era that after 2 seasons they realised he wasn't progressing any more, etc. It's pretty obvious that it's the front office feeding out all these leaks to scapegoat the guy

The place is a rabble, it needs to blow up right from the top

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
I said it last season... As terrible as we were... Even as a rookie... Derek Carr was the best QB in the bay area.

Kaep is a system guy... Pure and simple.

abpanther

Staff member
I said it last season... As terrible as we were... Even as a rookie... Derek Carr was the best QB in the bay area.

Kaep is a system guy... Pure and simple.

While I don't disagree with you, put Carr behind our Oline with our coaching staff and he would be terrible

Our coaching staff is made up of a bunch of guys who couldn't get jobs elsewhere. Why would any decent coach want to work under a GM and owner who decided that 1 Superbowl and 3 NFC Title games in 4 years was not good enough?

abpanther

Staff member
One of Harbaugh's assistant coaches fired by Baalke and York recently came forward to Niners Nation. In short, he stated the offensive coaching staff wholeheartedly believed Kaepernick could get better after Super 47. They believed him to be everything fans hoped. But, after working with Kaepernick in the two seasons following the Super Bowl, they felt Kaepernick's production had peaked. He further stated, "it wasn't that Kaepernick couldn't read or couldn't make the throws, but he lacked the ability to trust his receivers to be there before he could see them." The explanation was not good enough for Jed York and Trent Baalke who felt the 49ers' downward spiral was not a result of personnel, but rather, coaching deficits.

This leaves the organization in a bad position. The 49ers have not yet benched their starting quarterback, but seemingly have no faith in that quarterback. Half a season removed from the last coaching staff, the 49ers front office seems to be getting the
same story it got from former coaches. The old coaching staff got a whole lot more out of Kaepernick, and now things are spinning out of control.

Unfortunately last season, Jed York and Trent Baalke couldn't put their egos aside and evaluate the situation of the personnel from one bad year. Instead, they let their personal feelings of Jim Harbaugh and emotions determine the future of the 49ers
organization. A season later, they seem significantly more reactive than proactive with this situation.

They say "history repeats itself." Well, welcome back to 2004.

shiznit

Coach
While I don't disagree with you, put Carr behind our Oline with our coaching staff and he would be terrible

Our coaching staff is made up of a bunch of guys who couldn't get jobs elsewhere. Why would any decent coach want to work under a GM and owner who decided that 1 Superbowl and 3 NFC Title games in 4 years was not good enough?
I disagree.... Carr makes our O-Line look better than it is because of his quick release and he's a stickler for his pre-snap protections.

Not that he can't be flustered... The Rams went real hard at him last season and he didn't cope well... And he got roughed up against the Broncos pretty awesome D a couple of weeks ago... But I thought he went alright against them.

That's not to say you don't have a point on your staff... Baalke surely has to answer some tough questions.

I think if your going to have a guy like Kaep... You need to play to his strengths.

18to87

First Grade
Random 2016 predictions:

Kaepernick to Denver to compete with Osweiler
P.Manning to Houston

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Random..very random lol.

To much of a cap hit for Kap to get traded/released. He will just play it out. They will have some decent draft picks coming up, definately some talent needs to be brought in for that horrible O-Line.

As a Pack fan, I hate the bloke. But it isn't all his fault. We've seen what he could do when everything is working for him, a run game, pass protection and receivers that can make big plays.

I'd rather have Kap then be in the shoes of the Texans.

abpanther

Staff member
To much of a cap hit for Kap to get traded/released. He will just play it out. They will have some decent draft picks coming up, definately some talent needs to be brought in for that horrible O-Line.

Actually Kap's deal very much allows for him to be cut if he's not performing, the seven-year contract is nothing more than seven one-year deals and his cap figure increases each year

18to87

First Grade

No. He hasn't shown any indication that he wants to retire after this year. I think he wants to finish out his deal in Denver (1 more year) but I doubt Elway will have that unless Manning finishes the season strongly and gets a playoff win. If Denver wins it all then I think he walks off into the sunset.

I don't buy into the whole his arm is shot talk. He hasn't lost much since 2013 IMO. He is suffering from a new system, poor OL, no 3/4th option and his own terrible decisions. Houston is warm weather, they called about him this offseason and if they let him run his no huddle O where he can use his mind to beat you then he will still be effective. His numbers using the no huddle this year are pretty good despite the small sample size.

Sorry for thread hijack.

shiznit

Coach
Honestly.... The trade I would make would be Bradford for Kaep.

I think Kaep would have a better chance to flourish under Chip... The Eagles already run the read option much more than anyone else in the league... IMO Kaep would handle the Eagles offence better than Bradford.

On the flip side... I think the niners can stop trying to turn Kaep in to a pocket passing QB and plug Bradford straight in...

18to87

First Grade
True that he would fit in well in Philly but he would also fit in Denver with the boots and deep shots that Kubiak will run more often once Manning is gone.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Actually Kap's deal very much allows for him to be cut if he's not performing, the seven-year contract is nothing more than seven one-year deals and his cap figure increases each year

Wow..What a dumb headed move that was by Kap. I thought I read somewhere that it would have a massive cap hit, well there ya go. I was wrong...lol, wont be the last either.

Guarenteed money. You always take that option!

one tree hill

Juniors
Honestly.... The trade I would make would be Bradford for Kaep.

I think Kaep would have a better chance to flourish under Chip... The Eagles already run the read option much more than anyone else in the league... IMO Kaep would handle the Eagles offence better than Bradford.

On the flip side... I think the niners can stop trying to turn Kaep in to a pocket passing QB and plug Bradford straight in...

Even though Kaep is probably done I don't really see the point taking Bradford, blokes proven nothing, at least Kaep had a good couple of months.

Latest posts