What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kaide Ellis signs

betcats

Referee
@GongPanther
@soc123_au @TheFrog @betcats @ACTPanthers

Can you blokes shed any light on what we can expect from Ellis?

He is a solid work horse type prop from the country, Dubbo or somewhere near there. He’s played a few first grade games for Penrith and never let us down. He is only 23 so he can get better with an opportunity, he’s a guy that has been named in our 21 and dropped off before the game plenty of times.

qld redvee

Juniors
so we have signed ellis for the remainder of the season only ... If he is the like for like James Graham then "technically" he goes straight into the 17 ?? - so what current player is going to be seriously pi**ed off when they get sidelined ??
do we believe supercoach wanted this player to continue the team i want conversation or was it Flanno or maybe trent had a word in someones ear ? Point is if Kaide doesnt start in the 17 and play virtually every game then we can rightfully ask why sign him in the first place . From what I have read on this site Kaide must have potential and could have more impact than Merrin simms but all comes down to supercoach and his uncanny ability to suck the ability out of our players .
so lets see him in the 17 jersey against the dogs !!!
welcome to the wonderful world of the red V Kaide !!

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Don’t know much about the bloke hope he goes well for us. My only question is why not give this Blacker kid a go. Not the usual 6 min in 160 minutes of footy.
Just give the kid a go and see what happens. I just don’t get the thinking of this moron as times. Well most of the time

BLM01

First Grade
Go and learn a new sales pitch or better still resign; he is not up to the job.
Pffttt..did not expect anything less from you....for a signing to fill a gap for the rest of this year
You need to learn how recruitment and retention and salary cap planning works before you keep bagging everything they do
Sales pitch?....what does he have to pitch
Great coach...future is bright...we will sign a new coach for 2021 but we dont know who yet

they have signed a kid just for the rest of this year...what is wrong with that
For the last time..which I have said since last year...that we rid of Mary and we build for 2021 with cash to spend
This is almost like a train and trial contract ...with a view if he is up to it to get a gig
You are carzy!!!

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Again..hasn't played a game for us...so how can you come to that conclusion ? ...anyway not here to argue with people...
All good mate. Neither am I. Just saying, after years of mediocrity, the majority of fans (including myself) have become “glass half empty” Kind of supporters. If he turns into a gun, then great. But, from the previous shit this club has dished in the past, I’m fearing the worst.

redv13

Bench
Sales pitch?....what does he have to pitch
Great coach...future is bright...
You are crazy....they have signed him just for the rest of this year...what is wrong with that
For the last time I have said since last year...that we rid of Mary and we build for 2021 with cash to spend
This is almost like a train and trial contract ...with a view if he is up to it to get a gig
Agree BLM01. At best the kid will get up to 10 games to impress. People need to understand that with a shortened comp and no reggies the chances of landing a solid signing mid comp is quite low. Give the kid a chance, might just surprise a few people and earn himself a contract beyond this year.

Bob

Juniors
As a penrith supporter I’m disappointed Kaide is leaving, how he goes depends on how he’s used, he is not a prop if used as one he will try hard but be ordinary, in the 20’s he was used wider to great effect, if I was dragons coach Lock or second row would be his best position, his defence is quite good as well, he was reserve grade captain the last few years so he has good leadership skills, so I guess McGregor will use him as a fullback or similar :grin:, anyway good luck for the rest of the year

The_Frog

First Grade
My daughter is a Panthers supporter & when I asked her about him all I got was a shrug & I don’t know anything about him.
Sounds promising :rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes:
Made his debut for us in the early part of 2018 at the height of the Great Refereeing Blitz. Seemed to get binned every week, which probably did nothing for his confidence. He's a willing and hard working forward and good to see him getting an opportunity. He's got lots of people ahead of him now at Penrith and unlikely he'd have got a run this year. Played 8 first grade games for us, all but one off the bench.

redv13

Bench
Made his debut for us in the early part of 2018 at the height of the Great Refereeing Blitz. Seemed to get binned every week, which probably did nothing for his confidence. He's a willing and hard working forward and good to see him getting an opportunity. He's got lots of people ahead of him now at Penrith and unlikely he'd have got a run this year. Played 8 first grade games for us, all but one off the bench.
Thanks for the feedback

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
As a penrith supporter I’m disappointed Kaide is leaving, how he goes depends on how he’s used, he is not a prop if used as one he will try hard but be ordinary, in the 20’s he was used wider to great effect, if I was dragons coach Lock or second row would be his best position, his defence is quite good as well, he was reserve grade captain the last few years so he has good leadership skills, so I guess McGregor will use him as a fullback or similar :grin:, anyway good luck for the rest of the year

based off what you’ve said...McFlop will start him at prop

Gareth67

First Grade
Could be just what the doctor ordered , as already said by panther fan is willing and young , also with Flanagan in his ear he may developed into a handy forward - if given the opportunity.

soc123_au

Staff member
@GongPanther
@soc123_au @TheFrog @betcats @ACTPanthers

Can you blokes shed any light on what we can expect from Ellis?

If Mary uses him correctly & he gets given a fair chance to establish himself (which is a big if given we are talking about Mary) he certainly has the potential to leave egg on the faces of some of the wrist slitters that have posted in this thread.

Given how our pack is going this year he isn't getting a look in, but he would make the 17 at quite a few clubs I'd think. Villiame Kikau he aint, more in the Issiah Yeo mould which isn't a bad thing at all. I hope he goes really well for you guys & some of his attitude rubs off the rest of the plonkers that have been stinking it up for you this year.

getsmarty

Immortal
All good mate. Neither am I. Just saying, after years of mediocrity, the majority of fans (including myself) have become “glass half empty” Kind of supporters. If he turns into a gun, then great. But, from the previous shit this club has dished in the past, I’m fearing the worst.

Fair points R&WTILLIDIE....the bright side is that he is only signed for the remainder of this season..let's just give the guy a go.....plenty of players being released...points to coming change. Have a good day.

Last edited:

Latest posts