What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kanagroos starting 17

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ok with season well underway we can start to speculate on form what the Roos might look like.

To kick it off @ Rd7

1. Papanhuyzen
2. Ado Carr
3. Tedesco
4. Talakai
5. Coates
6. Munster
7. Cleary
8. Papalii
9. Grant
10. Welch
11. Fifita
12. Murray
13. Yeo

14. Hynes
15. Paulo
16. Kaufusi
17. Haas

Last edited:

The_Frog

First Grade
Ok with season well underway we can start to speculate on form what the Roos might look like.

To kick it off @ Rd4

1. Papanhuyzen
2. Ado Carr
3. Tedesco
4. Talakai
5. Coates
6. Munster
7. Cleary
8. Papalii
9. Grant
10. Welch
11. Fifita
12. Murray
13. Yeo

14. Hynes
15. Paulo
16. Kaufusi
17. Haas
I looked it up, and of Teddy's 187 NRL games, 3 were on the wing (all in 2013) and the remaining 184 were at fullback. Conclusion: He's a fullback and nothing else. If he's not the best fullback available he shouldn't make the side.

Presumably you are leaving out injured players, otherwise Turbo and (probably) Mitchell would be there. So why is Welch there? And why are you posting a round 4 side when round 7 has just concluded?

And finally, I'm far from convinced Cleary and Munster would complement one another.

Hartwood

Juniors

To kick it off @ Rd4

1. Papanhuyzen
2. Ado Carr
3. Tedesco
4. Talakai
5. Coates
6. Munster
7. Cleary
8. Papalii
9. Grant
10. Welch
11. Fifita
12. Murray
13. Yeo

14. Hynes
15. Paulo
16. Kaufusi
17. Haas
This team is cooked. Talakai declared for Tonga I believe

Homo man69

Juniors
The thing pissing me off is Mal's love affair with DCE. I guarantee that he will be the Australian halfback. Especially after the comments Mal said about him being his 1st pick half. The team should be picked on form and not on who you like or who played well during the last Aussie game. Bloody Fittler does the same thing by picking Tupou and saying that he plays well in rep games?? Yeah but that was years ago

Fangs

Coach
Plenty of positions up for debate. 9 I find intriguing. Cook, Korisau or Grant are all great options.

I think Mal's love affair with DCE will see him selected. But if QLD lose Origin in 2022 then he deserves to be sent packing. The bloke was in charge when we tanked against Tonga as well. In the past that would see the halfback court marshalled. Time for a change in that position and also a change in leadership.

Regardless Cleary makes the squad, too good not to make the 17. I think he will play off the bench. Results during the WC will dictate if he steals the 7 from DCE.

Wing and centre also up for grabs. Any number of players could step in. Though Tom and Latrell at full fitness are hard to ignore. Gives us great versatility as well.

Very excited to see International football return.

Fangs

Coach
Evans is mud.

Does have a 40/20, but mud otherwise.

Not total mud. He looks like he organises pretty well but its 2022. Time to pick a modern Kangaroos team. Definately not what we ran out with in 2019:

Centy Coast

Juniors
Cleary was very quiet last night but I still feel that he outplayed DCE, DCE is definately mud. Munster was absolutely outstanding.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
1. K. Ponga
2. J Addo-Carr
3. V. Holmes
4. J. Wighton
4. S. Cobbo

6. C. Munster
7. D Cherry-Evans

8. P. Haas
9. H. Grant
10. J. Papali'i