What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kangaroos wont play minor nations

dimitri

First Grade
rugbynotsoccer said:
fact is france and PNG are amatuer so they are minor nations without a strong or new domestic comp :(

unless u think playing sh*t just to make the score lines close where wallabies would put on 50+ points vs similar nations. Instead of trying to struggle purposely to promote such a internationally weak game through trying to make the scorelines close.

How many players does RL france have or PNG? theres probably a abundant of irb nations that outweigh
USA Number of registered players 46256
canada Number of registered players 52705

Put things into perspective you don't see them play many games against the top 3 but then again the world of RL is very small with 2nd tier nations.

what are you talking about

when the wallabies play minor nations

they field a 3rd grade side

rubbish!!!

hgfds

Juniors
Usa deserves another internaional match after last year surely there is no need to play 2nd string aussie teams,france could stop off after their aussie tour or euro teams could play on there off week of the enc,could the rlif or the rlef help them find an opponent.

slow frontrower

Juniors
No need to get excited the Roos cant be expected to play the US or nations like it every year but I'd think we'd all like to see it again 2 or 3 years from now. I've heard rumors about the US having home Internationals against Great Britian and France this year, so we'll be fine! But don't rule out a match like that again in the near future!

The Partisan

I don't have a major problem with the Kangaroos not playing the so called Minor nations. The opposition should be a group that has both the time and passion to WANT to help the game in these fledgling areas. NRL players are restricted in time due their club commitments and I would argue that their passion for spreading the word might be low in stocks after an arduos domestic and international season.

I would opt for some of the teams mentioned thus far with NSW or QLD rep teams (preferably at a level below Premier League) being the rep selection of choice. Most of these guys would still be fresh and enthusiastic about the game not jaded as the higher profile players would be.

Another alternative could be an invited selection of players who apply / trial for a spot to be educators and ambassadors for the game whilst playing exhibition games in developing areas. Some criteria would be set in such as the holding of a Coaching and or Referees certificate, Public speaking. media training, People management, Cultural awareness and of course committment to fair play.

Call them the Australian Swaggies or Australian RoverRoos or something that indicates a 'travelling' theme. Players from all over the country could apply and be culled by a Selection Committee formed by the ARL (after receiving relevant training). Players would embark on an annual tour to a different destination taking with them material supplied by the ARL and the other RL bodies (NSWRL, qrl etc) and if possible the donations of Australian League fans (boots, jerseys, videos etc).

Anybody want to sign up for a tour ?

SalfordRedsWA

Juniors
rugbynotsoccer said:
fact is france and PNG are amatuer so they are minor nations without a strong or new domestic comp :(

unless u think playing sh*t just to make the score lines close where wallabies would put on 50+ points vs similar nations. Instead of trying to struggle purposely to promote such a internationally weak game through trying to make the scorelines close.

How many players does RL france have or PNG? theres probably a abundant of irb nations that outweigh
USA Number of registered players 46256
canada Number of registered players 52705

Put things into perspective you don't see them play many games against the top 3 but then again the world of RL is very small with 2nd tier nations.

French players get paid you dope. They are part time pros.
Playing with figures again are we?
Mars has 345,000 RU registered players - fact! :lol:

Lantana

Juniors
The Kangaroos and Kiwis will still play France on their rest weekends during the Tri Nations this year.

Lantana

Juniors
Colin Love mentioned it at the NRL Golf Day @ St Michaels last week. He also metioned the French were coming down, I guess he meant NZ.

Latest posts