What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

karl filiga

spiderdan

Bench
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-for-karl-filiga/story-e6frexnr-1225845537503

THE man once touted as the "next Sonny Bill Williams" will continue his rugby league comeback this weekend.
Karl Filiga, brought to the Sharks on a staggering deal worth more than $200,000 a year, will attempt to resurrect his career with Wentworthville in the Bundy Red Cup.

Branded a lemon after failing to make it in the NRL with the Sharks, Filiga still has loads of potential and, with a bit of luck and a lot of hard work, could make it back to the big-time.

The new-look competition, which kicks off this weekend, also sees The Entrance return after a two-year spell in the Central Coast wilderness.

They stormed home to win the premiership last time they competed and are looking good for another tilt.

----------------

would be good if this guy lived up to the hype when he first signed with cronilla.

Parra Steve

Juniors
And good reporting by the DT too. in the league liftout, they have stated Nathan Armit is with the dogs and would be playing first grade, this of course is wrong and should have been Chris.

parra pete

Referee
Reminds me a lot of a bloke who was signed by the Bulldogs, Karlos McNichol. Was rated the next big thing...haven't heard of him since.....

;-)

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-for-karl-filiga/story-e6frexnr-1225845537503

THE man once touted as the "next Sonny Bill Williams" will continue his rugby league comeback this weekend.
Karl Filiga, brought to the Sharks on a staggering deal worth more than $200,000 a year, will attempt to resurrect his career with Wentworthville in the Bundy Red Cup.

Branded a lemon after failing to make it in the NRL with the Sharks, Filiga still has loads of potential and, with a bit of luck and a lot of hard work, could make it back to the big-time.

The new-look competition, which kicks off this weekend, also sees The Entrance return after a two-year spell in the Central Coast wilderness.

They stormed home to win the premiership last time they competed and are looking good for another tilt.

----------------

would be good if this guy lived up to the hype when he first signed with cronilla.
hahahaha - a lemon. I thought i was the only one who called broken things lemons! :lol:

And good reporting by the DT too. in the league liftout, they have stated Nathan Armit is with the dogs and would be playing first grade, this of course is wrong and should have been Chris.
Nathan's actually back playing with Wenty isn't he?? MORONS

strider

Post Whore
i wonder if this guy is gonna turn out to be anotehr fluffy kitten? :-s ... maybe he can be Fluffy Puppy

Suitman

Post Whore
i wonder if this guy is gonna turn out to be anotehr fluffy kitten? :-s ... maybe he can be Fluffy Puppy

With the amount of clubs he's played for, how about "Mr Shuffles".
That name's not being used anymore I hear.

Suity

spiderdan

Bench
Possibly the next "Barney Hasslet".
What ever happened to this "future champion"?
i asked about barney a few years back and was told that the dude just didn't make it through so much expectation being thrown on him. noel cleal (back when he was still with us) accepted full blame for the kid not making it.

there was also a blurb in one of the league rags in the last couple of years about him. can't remember exactly what it said about him though. i think the gist of it was posted on here somewhere.

parra pete

Referee
i asked about barney a few years back and was told that the dude just didn't make it through so much expectation being thrown on him. noel cleal (back when he was still with us) accepted full blame for the kid not making it.

there was also a blurb in one of the league rags in the last couple of years about him. can't remember exactly what it said about him though. i think the gist of it was posted on here somewhere.

Barney is back home in Tumbarumba and is captain/coach of the team which plays in Group 9.
I think you will find that it was Les Cleal who sent him to the Eels.