What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Karmichael Hunt in #7

kbw

Bench
Mr Saab said:
that is utter crap. He would still be a bronco if Ikin let people know earler he was retiring so they could have used the money to sign him.
Bennett said himself he never wanted him to go.
Prince just had very unfortunate injury problems with his time at the club.

Mr S,
I know his injury(s) didn't do him any favours but I was in the understanding that he was dumped/discarded like Brisbane dumped Prittis and the Melb hooker.
If that wasn't the case then he may well end up back at the Broncos.

Mr Saab

Referee
kbw said:
Mr S,
I know his injury(s) didn't do him any favours but I was in the understanding that he was dumped/discarded like Brisbane dumped Prittis and the Melb hooker.

still talking dribble.
Swain was a one yr deal before he went to England. That was made well known. Just because a player leaves a club doesnt mean he was "dumped".
It is like Carney signing at the knights before he joins the titans.
Prince was not "dumped". He was given a better offer from the tigers. But, if Ikin had retired 2 weeks earler brisbane would have used his money to help re sign prince. Didnt work out that way as we all know

gregstar

Referee
kbw said:
Mr S,
no - charlie's right.

he had a shocking run of career-threatening, season-ending injuries which cast a shadow over his future at that stage. the broncos weren't getting value out of him for that reason & let him go.

simon says

First Grade
I dont know why they dont give Casey Maguire more of a go there.....he has looked the goods there IMO....he is a most underrated player,obviously by his coach as well..

Mr Saab

Referee
simon says said:
I dont know why they dont give Casey Maguire more of a go there.....he has looked the goods there IMO....he is a most underrated player,obviously by his coach as well..

he is not going to lead a team to a comp as a #7. Good player yes, great utility player, but not a starting 7.

Mr Saab

Referee
seymour is still young and i am willing to give him a go there.
He has only had one full yr there (2004 he played 9 games and then did his knee) and was there for the 10 straight wins so he is no mug.
Seymour is not to blame for the slide at the end.

Meanie

Juniors
Seymour's gotta become more assertive. In some games last year when they didn't have Lockyer he put in man of the match performances, but hwen Lockie was there Seymour went missing.

As for Karmichael at halfback, its worth a shot considering it's only a trial game and hes more creative then Brisbane's other options there (aka. Berrigan and McGuire).

And as mentioned earlier Hodges played great in a game at fullback last year against the sharks, made over 200+ metres from what I remember. However I doubt they'd move him there, prolly go with Parfitt or one of the other youngsters.

JW

Coach
innsaneink said:
:lol:

Youre joking, right?

Re: Hodges at Fullback - no i'm not. He played very well in Hunt's absense several times last year in that position and I'd see no problem with him switching if need be.

elyod138

Bench
Will be at the game. Shall post after with the goss (will be sitting beside the bench ).

Do you know any good general admission spots? We're looking at getting there about 6:30. I usually get grand stand seats, but they were all sold out of course.

CQ RAIDER

Juniors
Shall be filling up by then i think(could be wrong but it is all but sold out) .First in get the best seats(small grandstands on the eastern side most likely reserved for corporate sponsors etc).