What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Karmichael Next Year

Leagueguy

Juniors
Just wondering what we're going to do with him next year. I can't see Hodges moving from fullback, but I can't see him staying on the wing either. I think its a real waste of his playmaking abilities. I'd still love to see him go into halfback. He'd be wonderful inside Lockyer.

salivor

First Grade
Well if Hodges plays fullback for Australia then I think he's going to take up the role permanently for Brisbane. That must surely leave Bennett with no other option but to move him into the halves as he's a waste of talent on the wing.

For mine next year I'd have:
1. Hodges
2. Tupou
3. Michaels
4. Tate
5. Boyd
6. Hunt
7. Lockyer

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I honestly can't see Hodges playing fullback for Australia. As good as his attack is, he has been found wanting in defence, in that right corner a few times, and I'm sure Ricky is just itching to use that as an excuse to not run him there.

That being said. I'm more than happy to see him retain the fullback spot for the Broncos and Karmichael move up into the halfback role. This young man is a future captain. I can see it already.

broncoman

Juniors
I think we'll see Hunt at fullback and Hodges back in the centres next season, not sure what I'd prefer but thats just the way i think they'll line up...

JW

Coach
In addition to the Hunt/Hodges situation, what about Ennis/Berrigan and the No.9 jumper?

salivor

First Grade
A week or so ago I would've said Ennis in the number 9 with Berrigan as utility off the bench but how can you take it off the bloke now that he's got a Clive Churchill medal and was instrumental in our end of season turn around?

broncoman

Juniors
Yeh Ennis will have to earn the number 9 back by starting on the bench i reckon. He's also potentionally a fill in halfback...

league chick

Juniors
Karmichael for Fullback, Hodges to centre. If we need something different than Hunt's injection from the back and need more of a running FB Swap them around - Hunt won't be too bad at centre.

Berrigan to start in the number 9, Ennis to take the Utility spot on the bench. Although Ennis is an 80 min player, he won't have much match fitness being out for almost a whole season.

I can't see Hunt being shifted to Halfback with Perry. If Perry is out of form or gets injured next season i think we could see it. But i think Karmichael has to be there. He needs to be able to roam. I'd like to see him take on a heavier playmaking role next season.

ShineDog

Juniors
salivor said:
For mine next year I'd have:
1. Hodges
2. Tupou
3. Michaels
4. Tate
5. Boyd
6. Hunt
7. Lockyer

Brisbane Brroncos dream backline next year :
1. PATTEN
2. UTAI (NZ)
3. TONGA (AUS)
4. SONNY BILL WILLIAMS (NZ)
5. EL MASRI
6. MAITUA (AUS)
7. SHERWIN

league chick

Juniors
Haha i think we'll pass SHine Dog, considering we've beaten that line up 3 times this year

Just for comparison:

1. HUNT (AUS)
2. BOYD
3. TATE (AUS)
4. HODGES (AUS)
5. TUPOU (NZ)
6. LOCKYER (AUS)
7. PERRY

Hmm yep i'll take the Broncos thanks.

Dazzat

First Grade
Bennett gave a hint to what he's got in mind for Berrigan next year after the Grand Final. He said something like it was handy that Berrigan had only played a half dozen games at hooker. This meant the opposition hadn't had an opportunity to "work him out".

As good as Berrigan is at what he does, he doesn't have the guile to play hooker week-in-week-out. That's why he hasn't become a long-term halfback as well. That's not saying he isn't skilful, because he obviously is a great hole runner, defender and not bad at setting up supports and kicking.

My tip is he'll return to the centres next year, and may even rotate with Ennis at dummy half. This will mean he (Berrigan) still gets 80 minutes on the field, and with Maguire going we don't have a ready made back up dummy half.

Ennis is too good to put on the bench.

miccle

Bench
Send Hunt back to fullback. IMO that is where he is most dangerous - and he is playing a similar style as Darren Lockyer did when he was the custodian. Traditionally playing in the fullback role, but also coming up into the line to run into holes and taking a bit of pressure off Locky in first or second received.

1. Hunt
2. Boyd
3. Hodges
4. Tate
5. Tupou
6. Lockyer
7. Perry
8. Hannant
9. Ennis
10. Civoniceva
11. Thorn
12. Stagg