What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kaufusi In Maitua Out

yobbo84

Coach
Tommy Smith said:
As i said in another thread:

Sam Thaiday --------------------Anthony Tupou
3 offloads-----------------------61 offloads
2 trys, 1 try assists-------------4 trys, 3 try assists
7 line breaks, 2 line break assists--9 line breaks, 5 line break assists

Enough said. Thaiday is a hard hitting, talented young player but Tupou is an absolute freak. The most damaging bench player in the game along with SBW. Make no mistake about it, forwards of his skill, speed and power do not come along very often.

A very smart selection and one that will cause havoc. Im amazed that so many people cant see the immense danger and advantage of having Toops on the bench.

LOL. Please. He was great in 2004 but (along with the team as whole so it's probably not really his fault) has fallen away slightly in the couple of years since.

Oh and if you wanna use stats - John Sutton: 46 offloads, 7 tries, 7 try assists, 12 line breaks, 9 line break assists. All in a year where he performed well below his best.

I could name 10 players I'd pick before Anthony Tupou.

Balmain_Boy

I rate Tupou as a wide running second rower, but that's it. He's a very one dimensional player. When his team is getting smashed he's absolutely invisible. Not willing to take a hitup through the middle of the ruck to get his team rolling forward.

He'll do alright off the bench provided the Kangaroos are on the front foot. Definitely won't disgrace himself if that's the case - it's just others deserve it more. A LOT more.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Balmain_Boy said:
I rate Tupou as a wide running second rower, but that's it. He's a very one dimensional player. When his team is getting smashed he's absolutely invisible. Not willing to take a hitup through the middle of the ruck to get his team rolling forward.

He'll do alright off the bench provided the Kangaroos are on the front foot. Definitely won't disgrace himself if that's the case - it's just others deserve it more. A LOT more.

Mate you are obviously as bad a judge of footballing ability as you are of cricket..

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
The best available Aussie props are, by a country mile, Civoniceva and Price.

To see guys like Kaufusi or Kite in the squad is just hilarious, but encouraging for NZ and GB.

Juniors
i think the kiwis mie just be a little upset on missing out on kaufusi, i think him and blair would have been 2 viable long term props for the kiwis, but im sure kafus will feel even better in the green and gold, and im sure if called up he'll do his job

Murphdogg1

Juniors
1999 said:
i think the kiwis mie just be a little upset on missing out on kaufusi, i think him and blair would have been 2 viable long term props for the kiwis, but im sure kafus will feel even better in the green and gold, and im sure if called up he'll do his job

To a degree i think your right - however propping is hardly a weakness with the kiwis, plenty of young props running around (especially coming through at the warriors) it would be more of a concern if he was a top notch young halfback - now thats what we need more of

ozboy

Juniors
It's time to give youth a chance.

Steve Price was very, very average for the Australians in last years disastrous tournament. He's too old, get over it.

Tupou has the skills to make an impact in a dominant team. It does not get any more dominant than the Kangaroos. I have the feeling that Tupou will settle in quite well at this level.

Though it won't stop the one eyed club supporters from whinging.

Latest posts