What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keary to Roosters

southsport

First Grade
Well not according to Peter Tunks, although I have no regard for him at all, but has been saying for weeks we already had keary signed so how the hell did we lose him?? Inept clowns that have the hide to collect big dollars that come from our memberships and never have to be answerable to anything
:crazy:

I don't think it's anything to do with your management, the roosters have probably come in and paid overs for him.

Saintsified

Bench
Im not pissed off about not signing him, dont rate him, im pissed off about how relaxed our club is when going for players and missing out...useless f**ks

Noted. But then wasn't the better solution for the Warriors to use a local junior anyway? Buying a team has never really been the Dragons way.

It's not about buying a team, mate. But every club needs to supplement certain positions/talent.

We can neither retain nor recruit (where necessary), let alone 'buy' a comp.

Very frustrating that players see no value in joining our club (except when paying overs - and even that doesn't work on most occasions).

Straight Shooter

kit66

Bench
Roosters came straight out of left field and snapped him up after missing out on Mitchell Moses.

Is it true that the dragons don't want Hastings back?

Out of left field with a few sweeteners no doubt. We can't compete with the kind of offers a club like the Roosters can throw at a player. I can't blame the Dragons admin for letting that fish get away. Disappointed but, he's a talent and on the improve.
I'll be p*ssed off if we throw money at Hastings though, we were lucky he left, we don't want him back. Start saving now and go hard for Adam Reynolds for 2018 ( yeah....I know...likelyhood zero ).

Last edited:

Dragsters

First Grade
How much of a deterrent is it (to Sydney based players at least) that our team is now based out of Wollongong as opposed to Kogarah?

Particularly with young talent.

Relocating or commuting, when in a bidding war with another Sydney based club, surely it's got to be a major deterrent.

I think so.

Discuss...

Saintsified

Bench
Guys we cant compete because if the money was similar Keary doesnt have to move away, GONG is the problem,

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Guys we cant compete because if the money was similar Keary doesnt have to move away, GONG is the problem,

Did we honestly think that we were going to sign a premiership winning 5/8 for 400k per year? Really? What planet are these monkey's from?

The Gong thing is a rubbish excuse. Penrith is also an hour away from the City. Newcastle even further.

Until we find our Nick Politis or Russell Crowe, we just cant compete, on or off the field. Simple as that.

Saintsified

Bench
Did we honestly think that we were going to sign a premiership winning 5/8 for 400k per year? Really? What planet are these monkey's from?

The Gong thing is a rubbish excuse. Penrith is also an hour away from the City. Newcastle even further.

Until we find our Nick Politis or Russell Crowe, we just cant compete, on or off the field. Simple as that.

silly comparison, Tamou is moving from QLD for example, Keary already lives around the eastern surburbs or south sydney somewhere, now he doesnt need to commute to wollongong or move down there if the money is similar...if we were a fulltime Sydney based club he may have joined us, its not the main reason off course but its a major reason a lot of players dont want to join us.

TheRev

Coach
I think the Gong is a plus not a minus, 2hrs out from the city, relaxed beach lifestyle.. id 10x prefer that to the city if I had a paid gig there and no commute.. could be an issue if you dont want to relocate away from your family, but half the clubs come under that limitation.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
It's not about buying a team, mate. But every club needs to supplement certain positions/talent.

We can neither retain nor recruit (where necessary), let alone 'buy' a comp.

Very frustrating that players see no value in joining our club (except when paying overs - and even that doesn't work on most occasions).

Straight Shooter
You're right of course. We will never attract top talent with the current coach.

Dragon66

Juniors
As far as I'm concerned we have dodged a bullet. Maybe a decent coach could improve Keary's poor form of this season, but Mary ain't that man. If he was a rugged defensive style halfback Mary would make him a champion, but to make him the focal point of our attack you need a game plan that emphasises attack which we haven't had for the past several seasons.

Hastings would do me, at least he is a solid competitor.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
silly comparison, Tamou is moving from QLD for example, Keary already lives around the eastern surburbs or south sydney somewhere, now he doesnt need to commute to wollongong or move down there if the money is similar...if we were a fulltime Sydney based club he may have joined us, its not the main reason off course but its a major reason a lot of players dont want to join us.

If we use your logic, then clubs like Melbourne and Nth QLD struggle to attract players, which is clearly not the case.

How's Merrin going with his commute from the Gong to Penrith everyday? Guess he doesn't mind with his 700k salary, he has plenty of fuel money.

The main reason is money. No need to dance around the subject.

southsport

First Grade
Out of left field with a few sweeteners no doubt. We can't compete with the kind of offers a club like the Roosters can throw at a player. I can't blame the Dragons admin for letting that fish get away. Disappointed but, he's a talent and on the improve.
I'll be p*ssed off if we throw money at Hastings though, we were lucky he left, we don't want him back. Start saving now and go hard for Adam Reynolds for 2018 ( yeah....I know...likelyhood zero ).

Well the dragons offered Keary $400k per season which is probably about right, if the roosters offered $550k as rumoured then I think it's way too much.

I'd forget about trying to sign Reynolds and make a play for the titans half (is it Taylor?) he looked the goods to me when they beat Souths.

Saintsified

Bench
If we use your logic, then clubs like Melbourne and Nth QLD struggle to attract players, which is clearly not the case.

How's Merrin going with his commute from the Gong to Penrith everyday? Guess he doesn't mind with his 700k salary, he has plenty of fuel money.

The main reason is money. No need to dance around the subject.

I said in many cases, Keary just changed training grounds that's it. Gong was a hike.

Saintjim

Juniors
news out of penrith is that seggyiaro has said good bye and will board a flight to leads tomorrow and penrith have signed cherrington
if only we moved as smartly as this

Dragons4lyf95

Juniors
F*** him he never wanted to come with us was just chasing the money, he has a massive ego and thinks his better than everyone else